Blown Motor, Needing Advice

Well in all honesty All the warranty stuff has gotten complicated with all the manufactures.

As far as a 2006 model being in on the road in august 05 it's completely possible. I used to work for Mazda, and we'd start to get the next years model in late July early August.

As far for the Engine that really sucks. Something says to me that someone was really taking car of their car like they should have been. That why I'm leery of buying anything used in a higher performance car because You'll get that person that thinks they know how to drive it, and ends up trashing the car, and pushing it's problems down the line to someone else.

I ran into this kind of issue with a Firebird I bought used knowing it was going to have a few little things it needed before it was street worthy, but the more I got into it the worse the car was. After rebuilding the front suspension, new trans, rear diff, and rear upper shock mounts the car was great. all that could have been prevented by not completely beating the car down, and doing all the maintenance.

I bout my 06 MSG new, and I'll be honest it is a costly car to fix, and keep going. Mazda Voided my warranty over stupid crap, and I've ended up fixing everything on my own. Would I buy another one? Maybe if it was really well taken care of, and things fixed correctly. Theres a lot of thing that could have been engineered better, but they didn't because it generates more income for the manufacture.

On my next car it's going to be something that is going to be a lot more affordable to repair, and keep going like a 3rd get GM f-body. including the cost of the car it was in the 12s for about $4800. and to could out handle my MS6 through any turn. They don't build them like they used to.

Back