Bilstein PSS coil overs...

TAftonomos

:
11' Electra glide limited
Just installed these. I like the drop, the ride isn't too bad (firm but controlled). Only downside is it amplifies even further how underpowered the car feels. Not sold on whether or not I'll keep them or go back to a stock setup. Sitting about 2" down all around, car looks like it should have when it came from Mazda. I went the PSS route as I rode in a car w/H&R's and for a daily there is no way I'd put up with that. My car is 75% commuter/25% autocross, so it's got to ride acceptable and not feel like some CRX with torched springs bouncing off the stops. Not that the PSS feels like that...

How do the eibach springs ride with the stock shocks/struts?

i have H&R's i like the look and yes they do bounce off the bump stops i cut 1" out of them..car rides better cant complain for the price..

If your not concerned about ground clearance, the eibachs might be the way to go. Or to make things easier for you, I'd be willing to do an even swap with my RB springs.

Just installed these. I like the drop, the ride isn't too bad (firm but controlled). Only downside is it amplifies even further how underpowered the car feels. Not sold on whether or not I'll keep them or go back to a stock setup.
How do the eibach springs ride with the stock shocks/struts?

I haven't heard any one complain about the ride quality on Eibachs with stock struts.

Well, It's funny your ask... because I am just about to swap out the Stock springs for the Eibach Pro-kits... I will report back on the response and changes in the performance... there is an Auto-x coming up in a few weeks and I will be able to push them and see how they work relative to the last auto-x on the stock springs.

I was looking at the Bilsteins but decided against due to the lack of rebound/damping adjustment.... we will see how this works out....I may re-consider after the testing.

There's been quite a few spring threads lately. My opinion on my Eibachs has been made in most of those so I won't post a big review on them here. To the OP, if you decide to swap out the Bilsteins, I'd do some sort of swap with you cash and Eibachs for Bilsteins.

I have Bilsteins equipped on my Mazda2 and I absolutley love them. I'm 100% satisfied and I will never go with any other set up. The ride is firm but the bilsteins do a great job at smoothing out the bumps and dips and the ride never feels choppy. The Bilsteins really shine on the track. When I took my car to the road course I was amazed at what my Mazda2 was able to achieve in the corners.

I highly recommend Bilsteins for anyone looking for upgraded suspension for their Mazda2.

Had mine for over a year with about 15K miles of, uhhhhhhhh, spirited driving on them. They are just fine.

Can't get anything better than Bilsteins (or, FWIW, Koni's). Can't say the same for anything else.

John

Had mine for over a year with about 15K miles of, uhhhhhhhh, spirited driving on them. They are just fine.

Can't get anything better than Bilsteins (or, FWIW, Koni's). Can't say the same for anything else.

John

Well... Off the shelf at least... ;)

Yeah there is.. I've been having trouble loading the forums and posting with nothing showing up lately..

looks fixed now... anyways... I hope the 2 holds up with the bilsteins.. i may be calling Corksport soon and see what they're up to or what they recommend. $800 bucks for the bilstein kit right now seems hard to beat.

Latest posts

Back