Bike mount rack question

mitaccio

I have read every thread I can find on using yakima's mighty mounts on the stock american rack. I still am not sure what one to use, I have read that the 14h or the 1a are good choices. Other than being metal, are their any advantages to using the mazda mounts? I have the yakima raptor for my bike and need to buy mounts asap for school. what should I get? Any help is greatly appreciated.

mitaccio said:
I have read every thread I can find on using yakima's mighty mounts on the stock american rack. I still am not sure what one to use, I have read that the 14h or the 1a are good choices. Other than being metal, are their any advantages to using the mazda mounts? I have the yakima raptor for my bike and need to buy mounts asap for school. what should I get? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yakima told me the mighty mounts were not compatible with our cars?? So I went with the Q tower set up. Is there evidence that the mighty mounts do work?

mighty mounts DO indeed work, run a search there's plenty of cars inhere with them. I don't have my book handy, but I'm prettysure the crossbars are the same as those on ford focuses simple enough... 14h sounds more like the piece you need. 1a is yakima's plain normal roundbar mount. They work sweet, yes but you need a full qtower setup to use those properly...

Screw the Mighty Mounts...they're plastic. Go to Mazdastuff.com and but the factory Mazda mounts, they're machined out of aluminum and they'll work. I use them to hold my Yakima Cobra rack on the factory rack.

Back