BIG Brake UpGrade Question...

north42g

:
Mazda Protege5
Hey fellas- I have ordered Brake upgrade for my PR5. I went with Centric Brand Calipers, Rotors and Pads, (their Premium Line) I ordered 2007 Mazda 6i with the 11.8 inch rotors.
The question is: What about the brake hoses? will I have to get new ones to properly fit the new Calipers??
Or are they all the same and it will thread right in proper??
I am hoping to find out before I start pulling it all apart and its "too late"
Thank you everyone..

should thread in without a problem, but if I were you I would upgrade to SS brake lines as well if your upgrading your brakes

good advice....yeah i likely need something stronger than a rubber brake hose I guess.
thanks for the reply...
So where is the best place to pick up a set of steel brake lines? Protege Garage??

OK Guys/GAls I have installed the "Big-Brake" set up, using 2007 Mazda 6i parts. I was able to get all Centric stuff,Semi-Loaded Calipers, Standard Rotors with Posi-Quiet Pads, got a decent price too. $196.44 ...Installed!

Got a problem though..The brake hose isn't long enough to fit back into the strut tower bracket! What did dome of you guys do to resolve this issue?!
Thanks in advance

Did you try using the P5 ones or the M6 ones? Which ones are too short?.......and where's the pics, we likes pics, threads needs pics(pics)

I used the original PR5 set. they are just a bit to short, so they wont snap ointo the strut tower. I zip tied them for now but that wont last! I need a real answer.
I have pics...zill post them soon.

Back