Best Struts and Shocks to use with CorkSport Lowering springs?

Picked up corksport Lowering springs for my 21 CX-5 GT-R AWD.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend which struts shocks work best with them?

I was looking at bilstein b6 but they are recommended to work with stock height plus bilstein has stock supplies issues atm. Will they b6 be ok with the corksport springs?

Any other brands that would be a better alternative?

Thanks.

I would think the B6 would be a definite improvement over the factory when using the Corksport springs. But as you said they have definite supply issues with the B6 so no telling when they might be instock again? Possibly next year?

I placed my order for the front struts back in March and am still waiting on them. Looks like it could be next year sometime when they get stock back in. Keep getting deferred every month.

Since you are giving up a lot of compression travel, I'd go with stiff shocks to control the remaining motion; Koni Sport Adjustables.

I have Bilstein B6's the right is much tighter, without being harsh, but I have the stock springs. I know Bilstein B8's are recommended for pairing with lowering springs, but I can't find any that fit your cx-5

I have Bilstein B6's the right is much tighter, without being harsh, but I have the stock springs. I know Bilstein B8's are recommended for pairing with lowering springs, but I can't find any that fit your cx-5
There don't seem to be many options for the 2017+ CX-5. I would happily take the B8 if available same with the konis.

I had B8's on my Audi, they were great in the summer. Winter though, they were rock hard. I think the B6 and lowering springs would be the perfect combo.

Also had Koni Yellows on my CR-V, they were okay. But also got rock hard in winter. To adjust the rears, the shocks had to come off the car though... a major downside. Another brand to explore would be Tein or autoexe, as they make suspension components for the CX-5. But, JDM stuff would be a bit harder to service if/when needed.

Prix57, what are you planning to do to correct the rear camber when lowering (as discussed elsewhere).

I had B8's on my Audi, they were great in the summer. Winter though, they were rock hard. I think the B6 and lowering springs would be the perfect combo.

Also had Koni Yellows on my CR-V, they were okay. But also got rock hard in winter. To adjust the rears, the shocks had to come off the car though... a major downside. Another brand to explore would be Tein or autoexe, as they make suspension components for the CX-5. But, JDM stuff would be a bit harder to service if/when needed.

Prix57, what are you planning to do to correct the rear camber when lowering (as discussed elsewhere).
Yeah my cx-5 is parked outdoors in the pacific northwest, its usually mild but can get cold below 0/32 degrees. I wanted to avoid coilovers as I had them on another vehicle and once I started parking outdoors they started getting noisy.

For the rear camber I got Megan racing camber kit.

Just waiting for the front bilstein b6 to come in, hopefully will see them in the first quarter of 23...

Back