Bent Rod

Booster

:
Mazdaspeed 6 SOLD/Challemger SRT8 DD/ 2012 Mustang BOSS 302
Today 7:30 PM est my car detonated under boost and bent a rod. 81,700 miles on the GT3071R.
I broke it', by being stupid I did know I had to chage spark plugs, but being lazy.

Well it is done, I am frustarated, I want to rebuild a stronger block, forged pistons and rods. any pointers will be greatly apreciated.

Well the engine POP! I was expecting it since 2007. and 80,000 miles ago.

Sorry to hear it man! I just recently had to get a new engine on mine. My block was cracked and I had a pretty bent rod. I was on Cobb Stage 2 with stock turbo and no cats and CAI. I was lucky to get away with a new short block since a long block wasn't needed. Saved a few K with that. I did some shopping and got upgraded Rods, Pistons, and clutch. I went with K1 Rods with Wiseco Forged Pistons. They are good for 450HP but when I talked to K1 they said they've seen them over 500HP. To me, that's good. I don't plan on going much further with HP. If you want to go all out tho since you are rebuilding your block altogether, I would go with the Arias Piston and Pauter Rod build. Yea, it's 1.3K but since you're already in there, you should just do it if your worried about it.
All in all, good luck. Have fun learning about the engine. Its a ******* PITA.

As I see more and more people POP, this is making me more and more extatic seeing that if I blow up my c20get, a new motor in its entirety is under 2 grand.

Sorry to hear about your car. But 81k miles, that's solid.

up date

Today finally took apart the block and to my surprise there was not one or two but three bent rods.

Waiting for the pauters to arrive.

!!! That is what happened to mine! Well, mine was the clutch and then when they replaced that, the engine wasn't running right. Popped it open and found Rod 4 Bent 3 different directs, Rod 2 Bent a little and then a crack between chamber 3 and 2. When these motors pop, the ******* explode it seems lol :D

Last edited:
Back