BEGI Fmu/RFPR

I'm thinking you got it backwards...

I put down more power on the dyno at 14.1:1 AF than I do running 12.0:1 now. I lost about ten horse and about eight torque running richer.

You will make more power leaner, but getting the safe A/F then turning up the boost to make power is safer...

And the stock fuel pump will not handle that much fuel pressure for long. Keep the stocker in and run a third gear or fourth gear pull and tell me your fuel pressure goes up to where it needs to be, and stays for the whole run up to redline. You will see that it will not.

damn you people must be hung over. re-read my post. you guys are agreeing with what i just said. i said he "and actually got even more power than at 12:1"

as for the fuel pump i recieved my walbro today. i knkew it would not handle the psi.

like i said, he got MORE power at 13:1 than at 12:1...you people are reading ME backwards.

Matthew said:
like i said, he got MORE power at 13:1 than at 12:1...you people are reading ME backwards.
That away Matthew. . . pick on the people with a disability. . .hooked on phonics worked for me!

Matthew said:
6psi and 13.1:1 or so AF ratio and actually got even more power than at 12:1 (about another 5-6whp). so maybe our engines like to run a little rich?
i think thats why a few got confused, you said it likes to run richer making it sound like he made more power =)

Last edited:
Dexter said:
did you ever upgrade the fuel pump? i feel sorry for the stocker if its still in there...
why hi boost runs the stock fuel pumps to 20psi i don't think matt is anywhere near that

Last edited:
FC3s Boy said:
why hi boost runs the stock fuel pumps to 20psi i don't think matt is anywhere near that

They also don't use an FPR to deal with fueling on boost...The stocker cannot handle the flow that an FPR puts on the it.

If you control fuel via some electronic device, the fuel pump isn't under has much strain.

Back