Beeping - driving me nuts!

I have a 2017 Mazda CX-5. For the past few weeks, the car has made beep sounds coming from the dash whenever I leave my house. Usually it happens as I get to the end of my street (quiet residential area), I believe it is 3 beeps but it could be 4 or 5. I try seeing if there are any lights that flash to indicate the cause of the beeping, but there aren’t any. It’s driving me mad because I always forget it’s going to happen then I get startled by the beeps as I drive away!

the only thing I can think of is if the car is pairing itself to my spare key inside the house and beeps when it loses the signal? Otherwise why would it only make the sound when leaving my house, but nowhere else?

anyone have any idea what’s going on??

3 beeps normally indicate speeding, do you have 30 km/t zone in your street ?

My 2016 GT beeps only, when a car is passing behind me when am reversing, or someone is in my spot blind while indicator is on. Of course when u locking and unlocking the car. What trim is your 2017? Maybe one of the safety sensors like the automatic braking when a object is in front of you is going out, just my guess.

Is this something that could easily be diagnosed by the shop? I find it odd that the sensor would only go off near my house and nowhere else. It’s the 2017 GS FWD, no automatic breaking.

Last edited:
I have a 2017 Mazda CX-5. For the past few weeks, the car has made beep sounds coming from the dash whenever I leave my house. Usually it happens as I get to the end of my street (quiet residential area), I believe it is 3 beeps but it could be 4 or 5. I try seeing if there are any lights that flash to indicate the cause of the beeping, but there aren’t any. It’s driving me mad because I always forget it’s going to happen then I get startled by the beeps as I drive away!

the only thing I can think of is if the car is pairing itself to my spare key inside the house and beeps when it loses the signal? Otherwise why would it only make the sound when leaving my house, but nowhere else?

anyone have any idea what’s going on??

It is strange that there are no warning lights or anything like that on the car when it happens. Can you record a short video/audio clip and upload it here so we can hear the beeps?

Has the car been modified in any way? Like remote start, aftermarket parking sensors, 360 cam, etc.?

I’ll try to record it next time it happens. Yes there is a remote starter installed by a third party.
I believe it’s your aftermarket remote starter. Try to disable it and see.

Not even sure how to do that, I’ll call the place that installed it. I wasn’t able to record the beeps but can confirm it is 5 beeps, not 3.

Back