been fun, see you guys around :D

stageup

well i loved the 5 but the wife wanted something with a bit more pep.
we traded in our 08 5 gt with 7k miles on it for an 09 cx-7 sport.
the dealer gave us 16k for it. we got the cx-7 for 3500 under invoice.

i'm going to miss the sliding doors for sure... :(

Cool, once you go Mazda you never go back ;)

If they would offered manual tranny here wife would have given it a test-drive. Sliding doors are the best since sliced bread though (especially Winter + a tight garage)

Zoom-Zoom!

mazda-cx7-interior-17-02-08.jpg

LOL... We went from an 07 CX7 to the Mazda5. You dont have to run premium in the CX7, they wanted you to in 07. It is now just recommended. We never did and have had ZERO problems. No knock no evident loss in power. The CX7 is great for a peppy "cross over" type ute. It is however very small in the back. Front seating space is awesome but rear seating and storage is horrible and confining. Oddly the oposite to the 5. The 5 front seating area is very tight where as the rear is roomy. If you could mesh the two together it would be something. Also, we average 24 mpg in our CX7. Those who are getting below 20 dont know how to drive an auto trans turbo. They are over compensating with fuel instead of letting the turbo do the work. insurance is quite a bit higher with the cx7 as well. Ussually not a big concern for most but still a fact. Operating cost on the cx7 is significantly higher than the 5. The CX7 burns through tires even in the AWD. In 07 if you got the GT you were stuck with the good years, horrible ride, horrible wear. If you got the Touring or the S you got the bridgestones. they were great for ride and grip but 20k into them all 4 were to the belts and needed replacing. This 5 cant seem to shed the tires at all, that is nice! From what i can see of the 08 and 09's they all get the Good years now. Not sure if they are the LS models or what...

Anyway, good luck. What the CX7 makes up for over the 5 it lacks in what makes the 5 what it is. They are specifically two different vehicles with completely different uses IMO. The sliding doors are frickin awesome, I never thought I would appreciate them this much.

insurance is quite a bit higher with the cx7 as well. Ussually not a big concern for most but still a fact.

That's a really good and valid point. I was shocked to see how low the ins cost was for the 5. Ours replaced an '03 Chevy Monte Carlo and the '09 5 was cheaper! (cabpatch)

Even though many Mazda5 owners will protest whenever someone calls it a minivan, it pays off when it comes to insurance classifications.

Minivan insurance rates are considerably lower than crossover vehicles and small SUVs.

i plan to run 91, i wouldnt think of running 87 in a turbo car.
what my ms3 gets, so shall the cx-7

our insurance for the cx-7 is 742 a year
it was 698 a year for the 5. not a big deal :) thanks!

i plan to run 91, i wouldnt think of running 87 in a turbo car.
what my ms3 gets, so shall the cx-7

our insurance for the cx-7 is 742 a year
it was 698 a year for the 5. not a big deal :) thanks!

You lucky guy Im paying CAD2,064 per year on mine here in Toronto.

completely different tunes, different pistons, different compression ratios. Mazda doesnt call for high octane gas in it and hasnt since 08. Spend your money if you want but it isnt necesary nor is it giving you anything noticeable gain wise...

Back