BEDLINER coating

Has anyone painted their lower body panels (front spoiler, side/rear rockers) with color-matched BEDLINER coating (like x-liner or rhino coat)?

This may be a good option to turn the flat-black panels into durable and color-coded bad assery!

If you know about applying this coating on body panels, please share.

Thanks and (cheers)

Has anyone painted their lower body panels (front spoiler, side/rear rockers) with color-matched BEDLINER coating (like x-liner or rhino coat)?

This may be a good option to turn the flat-black panels into durable and color-coded bad assery!

If you know about applying this coating on body panels, please share.

Thanks and (cheers)

Wrong product for the application.

Plus it would add considerable undesirable weight.

Thanks guys, now I know you would not like it on your vehicle.

X-liner can be applied to virtually any metal, composite or plastic, so it would be the right application. Any experiences on applying a similar colored product to plastic panels are welcome.

I like the panels on the CX-5 the way they are. Line-X, etc is for bed liners and custom truck bumpers. I had a RAM 1500 and was going to fab a set of bumpers for it, Line-X quoted $250 per bumper. Reasonable but not for a CUV.

Thing is Line-X and similar products aren't needed on the side panels. As they are they won't rust and they are made from plastic so small impacts won't dent as a normal painted body panel would.

I absolutely agree. But it sounds as if he's going to do it anyway. So why not try and find the best materials out there?

Sometime you just have to step back and let people do what they're determined to do. I was just trying to steer him towards what appears to be a good option for material choice. It's not my thing, but if he likes it, then I guess that's what matters.

I absolutely agree. But it sounds as if he's going to do it anyway. So why not try and find the best materials out there?

Sometime you just have to step back and let people do what they're determined to do. I was just trying to steer him towards what appears to be a good option for material choice. It's not my thing, but if he likes it, then I guess that's what matters.

I agree, its their choice. I had Line-X on my RAM 1500, fantastic stuff.

Thanks guys.

I'm merely considering color-coding the lower panels with, you said it, the best, most durable materials out there.

Seems like Line-x is good stuff. . .how about rhino liner?

I'm not sure if RL has changed their recipe over the years, but I know that the black stuff they use to put in truck beds faded pretty bad fairly quickly. Maybe the stuff they use now is better...?

Before you go and try to color match one of these coatings to your car, I'd suggest trying to find someone who can Photoshop it for you first. You may not like everything being all the same color. For me, I kind of like having the black trim to break things up a little.

Another material to consider... Plasti Dip. Get them to do a custom color for you. The best thing about this option is that you can peel it off if you don't like it. http://www.plastidip.com/custom_solutions.php

Back