Battery Drain 2018 CX-5 when left for 5+ days

Hello Mazda owners,

I have a 2018 CX5 Grand Touring. If I leave the car without starting/running for say 5-7 days only, the battery drains out and car won't start. Seems there is a parasitic drain on the battery. I live in Northern California (so not very cold) and car is kept in the garage. The car is keyless, seat warmers, Navigation system. Battery is from AAA and less than 1 year old only. Something is draining the battery. Anyone has any tips or advice please. Thanks. Pari in California

Last edited:
I remember something about a fault in the rear hatch causing a parasitic drain. Don't know if it applied but it's one thing to consider.

I assume you don't have any aftermarket accessories. No alarm, dashcam, etc.

Upvote 0
Amp Hound is useful tool for locating parasitic drain

IMG_1915.jpeg

Upvote 0
Hello Mazda owners,

I have a 2018 CX5 Grand Touring. If I leave the car without starting/running for say 5-7 days only, the battery drains out and car won't start. Seems there is a parasitic drain on the battery. I live in Northern California (so not very cold) and car is kept in the garage. The car is keyless, seat warmers, Navigation system. Battery is from AAA and less than 1 year old only. Something is draining the battery. Anyone has any tips or advice please. Thanks. Pari in California

AAA doesn't make batteries but it's good that you have a fairly new battery installed.

Have you done any troubleshooting at all? Are you able? Do you have a multimeter, do you know how to use one?

Upvote 0
Back