Bastian's P5 on a college budget

I blacked out my front emblem yesterday. Also, the center caps for my wheels were painted white and blue to match another set, so I plastidipped them as well to match the current wheels for the moment and threw them on. That was only 15 minutes ago though, so no pictures until day light.

so the title of this thread is even more outdated now that I'm done with high school :D

so now it's Bastian's P5 on a college budget... which means no money whatsoever.

anywho, naked roof. The driver's side rear center cap already fell off. rats.

Im in the same boat as you. Congrats on being done with high school! Now we step into the real world where we have no money or time to ourselves! ;) working 40s this summer should be fun. I need to get to work on my brakes and suspension. Need to buy many many parts and install them along with getting the bodywork done. It'll be a short one, thats for sure!

Im in the same boat as you. Congrats on being done with high school! Now we step into the real world where we have no money or time to ourselves! ;) working 40s this summer should be fun. I need to get to work on my brakes and suspension. Need to buy many many parts and install them along with getting the bodywork done. It'll be a short one, thats for sure!

Hey man I hear you. It's kind of freaky, being done with high school.

Anyways, I just replaced both my CV axles about three weeks ago. And now, I've got an exhaust leak. (hand) Things need to stop breaking.

Also, I just rolled over 170k miles the other day. Getting up there.

I also had a body shop quote me on getting some rust work done... let's just say the number he gave me was completely insane. It was also about the same as the price given to me by another shop. So, I'll just be driving the car til there's no more car left I suppose :)

Oh shyte. If you got something crazy as your quote, I hate to think of what I'll get. I'm pretty sure itll cost >2k for me.

I'm only at 87k so I have a ways to go before I can say things haven't broken... My dads mate said he had a patch back exhaust cause of all the holes he had welded. :)

^ patch back, that's hilarious hahaha

So the car has been having some difficulty turning over recently, and today it almost didn't. Any thoughts?

Bad batt, loose connection. Have an auto store test the batt. They can test your alternator too. Not sure if you ever had it replaced? Idk how they act when they go bad.

So the car was at the shop recently, and when I picked it up, it had a nice new scratch on the front bumper. They're fixing it next week free of charge. Still pisses me off though.

Also, rolled over 170k miles the other day.

And random pictures from today. Bike racks are on for the season

Also, in regards to the occasional starting problem, I replaced my alternator last year

That place looks so immensely picturesque! Sucks about the scratch. That it happened at all is pretty bad, but at least they did offer. I'm sure some places would try putting it off as the customers fault.

I gotta say, that car looks so nice with those bikes on top... Maybe one day I'll have a bike to go on my rack! As of now, I just have the rack on the back :)

I just need to decide on what I'd like to spend on a hybrid type bike. There are trails around, so I'm wondering if I should get a mtn. bike. . .

thanks man, definitely get in to bikes, they're much cheaper than cars hahaha

i got a new camera! super stoked

also, on a side note, it pisses me off how much my front tires just soak up tire shine. The rear tires stay nice and shiny for a long time, but the proxies up front just drink it up and look gross the next day

I'm debating selling the car, I can't bring it for my first semester of school and I'm not sure that I'll really even need it after that

How far away is your school? My college is about 100 miles away and I went a year without a car and it was miserable. I would definitely keep it depending on how far away you're going.

I'm debating selling the car, I can't bring it for my first semester of school and I'm not sure that I'll really even need it after that
Come on now, really? You can't do this to me. I like looking at what another college-going kid is able to do to his car. Since you can't keep it for the first semester, store it at a relatives or at your parents place if there's enough room perhaps? I understand that money may be an underlying motive to sell, but it you sell and then realize you want the car back, that could be an issue.

And on bikes being cheaper than cars, I spent $400+ on my 20" bmx bike... The only reason I'm refuse to sell it is because I know I'm not going to get near that... Same with my P5. I'm saving up for an MS6. We'll see how that goes in two years. Lol

Latest posts

Back