BAD waterspots on roof

ShelbyGoat

:
trailblazer
After is using a cheap Meguires rubbing compound by hand. It is perfect?, by no means. Is is a lot better? Hell yes. Followed up w/ a Meguires wax that came in the same kit. That is where I stopped. I will continue on another day and finish out the other half lol.

DSCN1083.jpg

DSCN1082.jpg

DSCN1081.jpg

DSCN1079.jpg

DSCN1078.jpg

Sadly you will need much more than that to remove the etching.

very true

needs to be repainted honestly

i am happy with the results though, so a coat or two of wax should protect it, along with regular washes, enough for a year or so

Water etchings aren't enough to justify a paint job. Depending on how deep they are will vary on the product needed for removal. Compounding and polishing are impossible by hand and hate when companies advertise that method on the product. The first thing to try when you get water spots is vinegar. That will break apart the water crystal and contaminants allowing you to wipe them away. If the etching are deeper I suggest starting at a light polish and working your way down. You are going to need a machine for this detail. When I say machine I don't mean those rotary buffers they sell at walmart or any auto parts store. A great beginner buffer would be a Porter Cable 7424. That mixed with a surbuf pad and Mequires M105 compound has been the method most commonly used in the detail work for most car corrections. Do this to your entire car and watch your paint magically turn back time to the day when you bought it if not better. Don't forget to wax the car after as this will remove your existing protection.

Try Mark V Splash which will remove those water spots and its special formula dissolves away the minerals that cause even the worst hard water spots.

Back