Back in the Mazda game with a Speed3

alias747

Hey there everyone!

I have been meaning to post on here for quite some time now since I bought my 08.5 Speed3 GT, but alas I haven't had time to get pics and stuff. Finally I have some tasty eye candy morsels to post :)

I have always loved the Mazda's. My wife had a 2006 Mazda 3 that she bought brand new and we drove for 85k miles with not a single problem. We sold it recently for low mileage xB (wanted some more room). Before I got married I had a 2006 MS6 with Nav and all options with only 25k miles. It was a beatiful car but once I got married I couldn't afford both Mazda payments and had to let her go :( But, now that financial situations have straightened out again, I am back in the Mazda world with my Speed3! I am loving the heck out of this thing!

I don't mean to brag (well sort of haha) but I got such a sick deal on this car! Bone stock, owned by a man that treated his cars like queens, he never drove it in snow and there is hardly a scratch on it. Best of all, it only had 14,400 miles on it! (nana) I only paid $16,800! (thumb)

The only thing that he did to the car was have the stock wheels chrome plated. I first I wasn't too geeked up about the idea of it, but when I saw it in person it looked VERY sharp. Def sets it apart and looks classy. Since I have owned it for about a month, I have done a Cobb SRI and the TRZ Dogbone Poly mount. Both mods are worth their weight in gold IMO, as this feels like a completely different car than what I first bought! I can't lie, I am loving the power! Oh and I did the DIY switchblade key mod too :)

Just got around to giving her a nice bath last night. Here are the pics that I was talking about, don't mind my crazy wife and her white toaster in the background, haha:

IMG_6600.jpg

IMG_6602.jpg

IMG_6603.jpg

IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6605.jpg

IMG_6606.jpg

IMG_6607.jpg

IMG_6608.jpg

IMG_6609.jpg

IMG_6610.jpg

IMG_6611.jpg

IMG_6612.jpg

IMG_6613.jpg

IMG_6614.jpg

Nice car! I actually really like the chrome stock wheels. Glad to hear you were able to get back to a car you enjoyed.

Thanks guys. I have to say that I enjoy the MS3 much more than the MS6 that I had. I always felt that the 2.3 engine was a little 2 weak to have in a heavy mid-size car with AWD. Felt like the engine always had to work hard just to get moving. The MS3 on the other hand is a nimble and zippy little devil!

Thanks guys. I have to say that I enjoy the MS3 much more than the MS6 that I had. I always felt that the 2.3 engine was a little 2 weak to have in a heavy mid-size car with AWD. Felt like the engine always had to work hard just to get moving. The MS3 on the other hand is a nimble and zippy little devil!

How was the MS6 on gas mileage? I sort of considered one before I got the MS3 but I figured it would be a heavy drinker.

How was the MS6 on gas mileage? I sort of considered one before I got the MS3 but I figured it would be a heavy drinker.

It been a while but I don't ever remember getting anything better than 25mpg out of it, and that was like pure highway driving. Although, the MS3 isn't doing that much better, I have been averaging 26mpg with mostly highway.

Thanks for the comments!

I just had to share too, that I scored another sick deal with this car yesterday. With the stock wheels being chromed, I wouldn't be able to drive them in the winter or they will start chipping bad. So i have been keeping my eye open for a set of winter wheels and tires. I was afraid that I was going to have to spend at least 400 bucks for the wheels and even more for the tires... However I hopped on Craigslist yesterday and someone had just listed a set of MS6 wheels WITH winter tires on them! Guess how much? $200!!! I had to drive an hour to get them, but it is seriously a sick deal for what I got! The winter tires probably only will last for this upcoming winter, but still, it was irresistible to pass up!! :)

Good first choice on mods, first thing I did was an AEM cold air intake and TRZ Rmm. It would be a good idea to go with an Short Throw Shifter and shifter weight next (I am trying to sell my PG weight right now, if your interested). You'll have so much more fun driving.

Good first choice on mods, first thing I did was an AEM cold air intake and TRZ Rmm. It would be a good idea to go with an Short Throw Shifter and shifter weight next (I am trying to sell my PG weight right now, if your interested). You'll have so much more fun driving.

Why are you trying to sell your shifter weight if it is so good?

Very nice!

Do you have a close-up of those wheels? I thought they were just dirty at first :D

Back