AWR Mount for DD?

molex - good review. You may have convinced me to try this. If the NVH is too harsh, then my stock mount will be out and available to fill with poly. Its only slghtly more than I'd pay for the window weld plus an extra stock mount anyways (which was my original plan that I keep putting off).

I installed the sure torq r2 dog bone mount yesterday. I like it a lot more than my awr mount. I get barely any vibration: only on start up and between 800-1200 rpms on takeoff. Very minimal drivetrain lash. I would recommend it to anybody looking for a good mount for a dd.

Sweet, I didn't even realize this mount existed. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being stock and 10 being the 70 duro AWR) how much vibration is there? I want the benefits of the AWR mount without my dash and mirrors shaking...guess that is kind of a fantasy, but oh well.

I installed the sure torq r2 dog bone mount yesterday. I like it a lot more than my awr mount. I get barely any vibration: only on start up and between 800-1200 rpms on takeoff. Very minimal drivetrain lash. I would recommend it to anybody looking for a good mount for a dd.

http://www.suremotorsports.com/products/performance/torq-r2/

Looks like significantly more bushing material compared to the AWR. Unfortunately, there is significantly more expense as well. Like ngd298, I'd like to know how the SURE mount compares to the AWR in terms of cabin NVH and drivetrain response. I also was not aware of this mount. I'm curious as to the bushing durometer as well, but didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

That sure is purty. I wonder if the aluminum helps damp the nvh over the steel AWR? Otherwise it looks like it would be just as stiff...

That's quite a mark up for such a small part! I hope that means a great deal of engineering hours went into its development. Cost to make one couldn't even be a quarter of that.

I experience almost no vibration. On that scale I would put it at a 3 with 10 being the 70 awr. And you pay for the quality; this is hands down a better piece that the AWR mount, and I got it got 135 shipped to my door.. Well worth the $40 mark up over the awr.
If you complain about price, you shouldn't really complain about vibration with the awr.

I guess I should say that I don't have a problem with markup as long as its justified. And it sounds like you're saying in this case it is.

Yea, i believe it is. I think what really helps with the vibration factor is that this is a one piece construction vs the 2-piece of the awr, as well as this being made of aluminum.

I think I either need to stop modding the 2 or get a second job...(rofl2)

Sweet, I didn't even realize this mount existed. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being stock and 10 being the 70 duro AWR) how much vibration is there? I want the benefits of the AWR mount without my dash and mirrors shaking...guess that is kind of a fantasy, but oh well.

are you sure you used a 70 duro mount? If your mirrors and dash your shaking that's some serious vibration. I don't even notice a difference over stock anymore with my 70 duro mount, just a louder start up. If yours was shaking that violently i would question maybe you got a 95 duro by mistake from the supplier or maybe an improper install or something.

Wow might need to give the sure mount a try. anyone want a minty fresh 70 duro awr mount? probably has less than 30 miles on it. Installed and tested down the street once, and installed again for one auto X event otherwise it just sits in the garage. Literally like new...

How much would it be posted to UK?

:D

It could have been the wrong one, but I definitely ordered the 70. There was only 1 way to put it on if I recall correctly, and I made sure to torque the bolts properly. The vibrations were only bad under ~1500 rpm, so most people wouldn't be bothered but I drive in 5th gear everywhere so it did..haha

are you sure you used a 70 duro mount? If your mirrors and dash your shaking that's some serious vibration. I don't even notice a difference over stock anymore with my 70 duro mount, just a louder start up. If yours was shaking that violently i would question maybe you got a 95 duro by mistake from the supplier or maybe an improper install or something.

Same here -- I only notice it at start up and occasionally at idle. Nothing at all major -- just feels like I put a big cam in it. lol

Curious if anyone besides Monster has tried the Sure Torq R2? Think I'm going to try to swing either the Sure or AWR mount, just gotta decide if the Sure is really worth almost 2X the money.

I'm going to try the sure mount. Probably within the next 5 mos. I'll order it when my oil change is coming up since I'll have to remove the skidplate to install the mount. It'll be worth the extra money to me if NVH is improved over the AWR, which it seems like it should judging by the size of the bushing.

Back