Auto Modellista for PS2

Captain KRM P5

Contributor
:
2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P
Who's heard of it? Played it? What do you guys think? Having been a long time editor/writer in the videogame industry I was curious to hear if people had heard of this game. From what I have played, it seems like a very unique twist on racing. What about Pro Race Driver? They call it a "CARPG"...

Just rambling, what are your fave racing games?

My Top Ten:
1) Wip3Out XL
2) Gran Turismo 3 A-spec
3) Super Mario Kart
4) Top Gear 2
5) Excitebike
6) F-Zero
7) Project Gotham Racing
8) OutRun
9) Pole Position
10) Daytona USA Arcade

You can't beat GT3 for realism, however I feel it lacks in the mod department. I would LOVE to have a game like GT3 with the ability to change out body kits, paint schemes, wings, Wheels, and so on. I want more models of cars as well, mainly lower end cars like the ones that are being moddified in the street racing scene. I liked Tokyo Extreme Racer because of the street racing. So if GT4 adds more options to mod "Lower End"(Protege) cars with a street racing mode, that would kick ass!

I really like the whole Gran Turismo franchise for racing games...Next up would be the under developed 24 hours of Le Mans games (both the PS2 and Dreamcast versions).

I haven't heard of the game you have mentioned.

There was another game on Dreamcast that had a really cool idea behind it, but I could never really get into it becuase it was so short. You could drive all over (almost) San Fransico in a number of cars. It was fun.

I didn't get a chance to play Auto Modellista...but from screen shots I saw of it, it looks really cool. It uses a totally unique type of drawing of the screens that really sets it apart.

Naturally for me, the entire Gran Turismo lineup has always been one of my favorites. I too wish that they had more of the "real-world" cars in there as well...heck even some trucks/suvs and stuff would be neat!

I liked the cartoony games like Crash Team Racing and Super Mario Kart...I've waited so many hours of my life playing those with friends!

There was another game on Dreamcast that had a really cool idea behind it, but I could never really get into it becuase it was so short. You could drive all over (almost) San Fransisco in a number of cars. It was fun

That would be Metropolis Street Racer. Bad ass game, and actually the NEAR EXACT same game as Project Gotham Racing on Xbox. Same programmers and developers too. Racing for style and skill points instead of pole position is pretty refreshing.

Crash Team Racing, man I almost forgot that...good game. The Mario Kart coming for 'Cube has me salivating. Not a big fan of the N64 one, but the Game Boy Advance version is damn slick. Speaking of Game Boy Advance, anyone here play GT Advance? Awesome portable racer, 3D shaded cars on a scaling F-zero like track - for Game Boy thats damn impressive. You can buy and mod real world cars (the RX-7 is even in there). Like Gran Turismo on the go.

Sorry for the ramble, I love live and breath video games. Sometimes I even play them :)

Captain KRM P5 said:
There was another game on Dreamcast that had a really cool idea behind it, but I could never really get into it becuase it was so short. You could drive all over (almost) San Fransisco in a number of cars. It was fun

That would be Metropolis Street Racer. Bad ass game, and actually the NEAR EXACT same game as Project Gotham Racing on Xbox. Same programmers and developers too. Racing for style and skill points instead of pole position is pretty refreshing.(snip)...

Yeah, that's it. "Metropolis Street Racer" was fun...I really wanted the tank in that game, but I never got to it.

And, the first time I saw "Project Gotham Racing" there was something about it that made me want it, now I know why. If it's almost the same thing, it should be fun. I just can't get myself to justify buying a damned X-Box...

Something just feels wrong about a desktop computer that is converted into a console gaming system. Oh well. Eventually I'll break down and probably buy one just to get the game.

What about the TOCA series? I know I wasted alot of time playing it :D
Midnight Club Racing was pretty cool.
Tokyo Extreme Racer was sweet. They need to come out with more streets to race on and a few more realistic looking cars. Maybe a Mazda Protege racing on the Florida Turnpike! :D

Captain KRM P5 said:

That would be Metropolis Street Racer. Bad ass game, and actually the NEAR EXACT same game as Project Gotham Racing on Xbox. Same programmers and developers too. Racing for style and skill points instead of pole position is pretty refreshing.

Crash Team Racing, man I almost forgot that...good game. The Mario Kart coming for 'Cube has me salivating. Not a big fan of the N64 one, but the Game Boy Advance version is damn slick. Speaking of Game Boy Advance, anyone here play GT Advance? Awesome portable racer, 3D shaded cars on a scaling F-zero like track - for Game Boy thats damn impressive. You can buy and mod real world cars (the RX-7 is even in there). Like Gran Turismo on the go.

Sorry for the ramble, I love live and breath video games. Sometimes I even play them :)

I don't have my GBA anymore, but GT Advance was the first game I bought when I got it...great game with lots of replay value for certain. It was fun souping up the cars! :)

I got to play Auto Modellista at this years E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) in LA...it was awesome...

I had the Rx7! I must say, that this game is like watching an episode of speed racer. Its done in what they call "Cel-Shading" and thats what gives the game the speed racery look.

I got to play with the PS2 networked with 4 ps2's using the not so heavily pushed I-Link cable(not online, but the game will be playable online when it comes out). Anyway, from the time the last race started, until the time our race started took about no lie, 10 minutes. It took forever to wait for everyone to pick out the car they wanted, and then hook it up. You could put graphics, body kits, change the colors, exhaust, etc....So it took a while for everyone to settle on something....

3 of us were racing (the 4th PS2 wasn't used, the guy walked away before the race started). I WAS winning until my boss walked by, picked up a controller and then smoked me, even with my head start on him...

So heres my top 5 racing games for the Playstation

1. Grand Turismo 3 and Grand Turismo 2 (even though I am right now playing GT2 more with my vivid yellow Pro 5 in it!

2. Colin McRae 2.0. I absolutely cannot wait until the third version comes out!

3. ATV Offroad fury, not cars, but still awesome racing.

4. Stuntman

5. WRC. This game is a sleeper hit. I tell everyone how awesome this game is! It looks exactly like you are watching the FIA WRC on SpeedVISION (I cannot bring myself to say the new name yet). The cut scenes and course overviews are awesome. This game is so awesome, and I feel bad that I have it number 5. It's one of the biggest underrated games for the system. Its made by BAM! Entertainment, and they did an outstanding job. Theres room for improvement, but this is by far one of my favorites. They are also coming out with the motorcycle game, riding spirts listed below...

Heres what I am looking forward to in the near future:

1. Colin Mc Rae 3 from Codemasters
2. Pro Race Driver also from Codemasters (that car-pg someone talked about)
3. ATV Offroad Fury 2- Online playable racer from Sony
4. Auto Modellista- Online playable racer from Capcom
5. Need for Speed from whoever
6. Riding Spirits- Played this at E3. It was a Grand Turismo type of motorcycle racer. You get to pick your exhaust, hemet, stuff like that to hook the bike up. The version I played though had obvious flaws and the game has been pushed back until I don't know when....BAM! Entertainment

when's this game coming out?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

since i broke my arm ive become attached to my ps2, lots of fun playing gt3 and tony hawk 3.

is the online play going to be available in the US? i remember reading about how that feature would only be available in Japan...hmmm...unless they suddenly changed their minds.

when i first saw the screen shots i was pretty amazed. the cell-shading is a new look that a lot of games have began to adopt (beginning i believe was with jet set radio) and many more followed.

its great allowing users to fully customize everything on the car. Tokyo Extreme Racer was close with their attempt but after awhile it just wasn't as satisfying enough. there wasn't enough variety...but with the introduction of this new game, and with online capabilities...they can offer patches that would include even more body kits, headlights, etc. so there is a lot of room to work. also, actually aftermarket producers will most likely become involved using the game as a way to market their products. so overall this awesome!!!

but i'd rather do the real thing and modify my car...but its great to dream about driving cars that regularly aren't available to regular people.

Here is a scanned image of a counter card that I am giving to my accounts. It talks about what you need to get online, how you get online, and the little extras...

You will see the spot where it has screen shots for the various online games, auto modellista is one of them!

I cant wait to play this game online...I just got my network adapter today, and its all a big waste until this game (or any other online racer comes out). I say big waste because I lent my THPS3 out to a cousin, I didn't get my copy of SOCOM Navy Seals yet, and I suck at football...

countercard.jpg

Sorry the pic is so big, i have no clue how to resize it and all...

wow! looks really exciting. too bad for me, i probably won't be playing games much for awhile (college-bound) and i'm taking a lot of tough classes and i have to keep my grades up...blah blah...it goes on and on. anyway, right now im focused on playing halo online...

AUTO MODELLISTA cant wait that game looks sooo sweet. all imports. they got the impreza, evo, n skyline!!!!

yea my fav racing games are def.

gran turismo 3
wrc: world rally championship
tokyo xtreme racer zero

GT3 A-Spec is a classic. The GT Concept should be really cool too, since you can use your cars from your existing garages...As for other games,

1) Madden 2003/NCAA 2003
2) Triple Play 2002
3) Spider-Man
4) NBA Live 2002
5) GT3 A-Spec (got really bored after 6 solid months. Put it in every now and then to hear the scream of the turbos in my 15 different Skylines, Scoobys, and WRX's....

Auto Modellista looks fockin' sweet...

Back