Auto headlights - Directed Electronics 545T Nite-Lite System

Giving a bump and super thankful to Captain bingo. I love this mod and thanks so much for ALLL THE HELP you gave me more than a year ago for this!!

Ignition?

So, from as best as I can tell, you connected in only four places to your car: Headlights Out, Parking Lights Out, Constant 12V Source, and Ignition (obviously a ground wire as well, but that doesn't require tapping into any other wires). Is that correct? If so, what purpose does tapping into the Ignition wire serve? Did you use any diodes in your installation?

Also, it appears as though my Headlights and Parking lights output are a single wire from the headlight switch in my steering column (rather than two separate outputs). In this instance, do you think I should simply connect the Green 545T wire to that source, and not tap the blue wire into my system? Thanks for any and all suggestions, and thanks for giving such detailed instructions and pictures!

I'm not sure if anyone is watching this thread or not, but I purchased the 545T based on this posting and I've found the instructions don't match the pictures included here in your installation.

For example, you say to run the relay BLUE and GREEN wires to chassis ground and there is no variation in the 3 possible configurations in the instructions where that is the case. the BROWN and VIOLET (PURPLE) relay wires are the ones that are either connected to Chassis Ground (if the lights are negative switched) or 12V + (if the lights are positive switched).

Is it possible that the instructions changed for the 545T? I have a 2012 CX-9 and I'm assuming the wiring is the same, but the instructions posted here for this installation not matching the 545T instructions from Directed concern me.

Here's the link to the 545T instructions so you can see what I'm talking about.

254521_545T_OK-7I_to_current_Installation_Guide.pdf

Back