audio question

MyZmZm

ShiftAccelerategrinRepeat
:
'02 Midnight Mica Blue P5
no flaming pls, i know next to nothing about wiring and audio...

i currently have a clarion dxz955mc headunit, clarion 4ch amp (sorry, don't know the exact model offhand), clarion component speakers upfront and boston accoustic basic speakers in the rear doors, along with a 10" JL sub in my hatch. i am selling my custom sub box (keeping the sub for my next vehicle), and will eventually be switching everything back to stock in anticipation of selling the car soon.

unfortunately, as i did not install all the components, i can't remember how things are wired up though i *think* the amp is powering the rear speakers and sub... does this sound right? or would it be the front speakers and the sub? if i were to take the amp out now (along with the sub), would i still be able to use my HU and get proper sound out of the front speakers?

Typical setup is front speakers (especially components) and sub off of amp, rears off of headunit. How does it sound BTW?

If I were you I'd look for some stock stuff to swap in there.

Hey, speaking of which, I have stock speakers and you have front components, care to trade?

I also have the stock 6cd changer HU you could drop in so you can keep your HU or sell it. Hey, if you are going to sell the car, why send it off with stuff you (or someone else) can use?

Care to work out something?

Last edited:
if the fronts are run off the amp, and not the rears, is there any way the HU can power the front speakers? sound is awesome, i love it :D

what i'd be doing is taking out the sub (since i'm selling the box) and the amp - hopefully associated wiring and cables too - and putting my stock rear speakers back into the car. i'd keep the front components and HU in until i actually sold the car; at that time i'd replace the front speakers with the stockers and the HU with another, older clarion HU i have lying around.

i've checked and the vehicle i'm hoping to get in place of the P5 (subie forester) has the same speaker size up front and, depending on the trim level, the back speakers are the same too. that's why i'm keeping all my audio goodies, i can simply put them in my next vehicle. if by some chance the speakers don't fit, i'll sell them at that time.
Typical setup is front speakers (especially components) and sub off of amp, rears off of headunit. How does it sound BTW?

If I were you I'd look for some stock stuff to swap in there.

Hey, speaking of which, I have stock speakers and you have front components, care to trade?

I also have the stock 6cd changer HU you could drop in so you can keep your HU or sell it. Hey, if you are going to sell the car, why send it off with stuff you (or someone else) can use?

Care to work out something?

If they are really high power components theymay not sound best with the HU but if you are just worried about a month or so It would probably give you "music" to listen to. Not sure about the quality of sound.

Back