YOUR THOUGHTS

• YEAH!!!....i am down

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • It will NEVER work

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • TRIED ALREADY

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Ok it is a given all these protege's....MP3 series have all experienced the same problem with the rear suspension...many of us like myself have been back and forth to the dlr multiple times./..me 4 times they tried a fix and they cant fix it....also on my last fix with my ex-svc mngr (he got fired)...he advised my mother.... who went to pick up my girl..that MAZDA is fully aware of the situation and has no fix for the problem...SO....here is my proposal.....

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

what does everyone think....i most definatly have enough to go for a lemon law and if u have the problem wit the rear suspension....get it into the dlr and go to other dlrs aswell...

Don't get me started..... :) Look for thread called struts...

I brought this up ( concerning the clunk we all here )about 2 weeks ago. I had Mazda of Canada Admit it to my Dealer Manager that they knew, and they didn't see the need to come up with a real fix for it as there were only 1500 mp3's ( only 250)in canada), and they didn't see the point for such a small number. they said it was up to the Dealer to come up with a fix at their expense...and that the fix was to powder coat the rear sway bar....this of course was another "temporary" fix. i had a fit when I heard this, and tried to get some people here to call in, complain....do something, and nobody gave a s***.

Anything you want to do ..... I'm in. I know for a FACT that Mazda has been aware of this problem since Nov 2001, i watched the damn tech flash on the computer at my dealer myself. I had the district manager at the time informed, and he also went to mazda of canada and informed them. And now just recently, I've got another new district manager trying to do something for us, but Mazda of Canada is saying....NO, we're not fixing it, it's up to the dealers. He's getting the runaround from Mazda too.

So.....sue....sure, why not...only thing I haven't done....whether or not it'll get anywhere.....f'd if I know

Meantime, I'm writing a formal letter of complaint, to at least see what happens.

Ok how about this call one of the head guys of mazda north america ask about the problem keep pushin him and when he says' those word like we know but dont care... Just record the whole phone call and then you have a case worth goin after.

wow you guys are really pissed. well i see it as a flaw in the car that i am willing to live with. In my eye it was a trade off. #1 handling in its class for clunking in the rear. by the way have many miles do you have on your MP3s. i have 25,000 and i only hear the clunking well i start up the car in the very cold. and it goes away once the car gets warmed up. so i donno

I get little squeaks and occaisional clunks in the cold as well, but other than that I haven't really experienced any problems. However I do have the slight pull to the right. Hmm..

I've always seemed to get that pull...I've been told it's because the dunlops grip the road and pull the car in whatever direction the road goes....don't know about that.

And it's not exactly a trade-off...sure if you KNEW about the clunk when you bought the car it'd be different, but nobody knew that so it's a bit of a pain and kinda distracting when driving.

I have clunks rings rattles and squeaks. I have had nothing but trouble from my mazda dealer I am ready for some action.

I think the pull to the right has to do with the diffirental that the mp3 came out with does any one have a limited slip and if so does it pul to the right

I don't know if this is the answer, but the problem must be fixed.

BigBlue said:
I've always seemed to get that pull...I've been told it's because the dunlops grip the road and pull the car in whatever direction the road goes....don't know about that.

This is definitely not the case. I got brand new Kumho tires at the beginning of the summer and I still have the pull.

<b>saided18</b>- Hey man, if you have the clunk, then you are not getting 100% of the #1 handling in the class, if you get the clunking fixed, there is a clear improvement in handling. I had mine fixed this past spring and it was like getting in a new car; as it is getting real cold real fast now, I can feel the clunk (aka "premature wear of swaybar bushings" according to my repair receipt) coming back and the handling deteriorating. I highly reccomend getting it fixed with the new part # which is around here somewhere. Good luck! Oh yeah, I'd be down with this legal stuff as well.

I'm just curious has to how many of you have had other performance cars?? Compare them...

Has anyone been in a Miata with suspension?? Talk about rattles...

This car is only $18,000 new, do you guys expect Audi or BMW quiet from the car?? Not as much sound deadened material, we didn't spend $30,000 plus for road quiet...

I'm fine with the squeaks when it is cold, and the clunk isn't bad at all. I'm happy with my car. The tires need to be replaced, but other than that I am happy.

No suing from me...

I'm fine with rattles...a couple don't bother me.....I'm find with the squeaks, as they go away once she warms up. But, the clunk is a huge problem. Mine is gettiing worse again, to the point where little pebbles in the road make her clunk, I can feel it again under my feet it's that bad, and she feels all loose in the rear end again( still handles better then most cars though) . So, I'll get another set of bushings,then she'll be all better again, handle better again etc....until 3 weeks later and I'll have to do all over again. This is the life of an MP3 owner...and MAzda don't give a f#$%.

You guys that have the clunk and are just living with it.....you car isn't handling as good as it's supposed to. There's a BIG difference when I get the car redone every month :)

for the record, I have 17000kms on her, and this has been going on since 2000 kms.

went to dealer today to talk to the manager again, he wasn't there. The salesman said, "but aren't you going to buy the msp?" I laughed and replied, "if Mazda won't fix a simple bushing problem, and has verbely (spelling?) stated that they don't care about a measly 1500 cars, why in the HELL would i buy another Mazda? yet alone another MP3 type car with even more parts to go wrong. The salesman replied "can't blame ya there"

.....of course if they give me one sweet ass deal..........you never know :)

laterz

tires

I hate the clunk as you all do and I would reaaaaally like it if mazda would redising new bushings. As for the pull, it is due to the tires because I put my winter tires on last weekend and it went away...
I really like newf little moto
Love my car, hate the clunk...
couldn't have said it better myself!
;)

I personally don't give a ish about the clunking. My stereo is usually to load to hear it. But, I wish you guys luck.

I understand that the squeeks and clunks when cold are part of the "race car" supension. That said, it has gotten worse and now does it all the time and the struts are creaking! What the hell is the life of the rear struts? I have 25k miles on them.

Ludicrous!!! you are saying that the handling actually "deteriorates" only when it is clunking. How could a bushing deteriorate so fast? What are the stock bushings made of? Its normal for urethane bushings to make noises.

HEY BOB that is what i am tryin to find out...my struts i think almost 100% are the problem.,..even someone on this board has had them replaced...honestly if the struts are gone already...they obviously are not good and i dont want those back on my car to replace them in another 20k...i honestly have had enough wit this dam svc and the way mazda built this car....YES and the HANDLEING does get ****** up a WHOLE LOT>..bushings are rubber i think...

The bushings are rubber...

How can you tell that your handling has dramatically suffered becuase of the "clunk" or "creaking"??

There is no real documentable way to do this, unless you went to a track as soon as you bought the car and recorded several consistent lap times.

Then, do it all over again now that you have the "clunk" and "creak"...And drive with the same consistency as before. Are you slower, or what?

Yes, the "clunk" can be annoying every now and again, and the "creak" when it is cold out is annoying too. However, this car in general makes little sense to me when you get down to brass tacks. Look at everything Mazda did with this car, only to make 1500 them when the Mazdaspeed was coming out right around the corner.

Development time on this car v the time put into the Mazdaspeed that was coming out anyway doesn't add up.

But hey, that is just me. I haven't noticed any less handling with the noises than before...I'll get off my soap box now.

LOL...My AWR rear sway bar clunks and groans all the time if the bushings are not greased at least once a month. A while back I purchased the energy suspension greasable bushings. They have a zerk fitting for my grease gun so it's a 5 minute job. There is still groaning when it is cold out and the car is not warm, and there is the occasional clunk when going over large bumps. Nothing that really bothers me since the car has such great handling characteristics.

Back