Are we aware of any stealthy / undocumented changes to the 2016.5 GT?

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD + Tech
Previously there was some speculation over in this thread.

I'm personally interested in the scenario where you're shopping for a Grand Touring + Tech package, 2016 versus 2016.5

Has anyone actually picked up on any undisclosed changes? Given this configuration about the only thing I can pinpoint is a difference in price, and of course that cover where the Tom-Tom nav unit once was.

Last edited:
Supposedly NAV is standard on GT now even without the tech package...and price adjusted accordingly.

Supposedly NAV is standard on GT now even without the tech package...and price adjusted accordingly.

Right. That much is certainly disclosed and publicized. Speaking more to the example craigo used, I'm curious what the undisclosed changes have been, if any.

If you find a list of TSB's issued prior to this year that involve 2016 models and changed parts, there's a good chance they would be already applied to 2016.5 at the factory.

Try: http://mazda.oemdtc.com/

All-Wheel-Drive system on 2016.5 CX-5 may have added more sensors? It's now "Predictive i-ACTIV AWD" instead of "Active Torque Split All-Wheel-Drive" system for 2016 CX-5.

I think this was all rebranding..... 2013-2016.5 i-ACTIV AWD are all the same IMO

Exactly!

Unless 2016.5 models now have more than 27 sensor inputs....

No, I would be surprised. Even then, it would just be a tweaking of the same system. My 2013 probably uses slightly different algorithms than newer models, doesn't mean it's not still a predictive AWD, just that Mazda tweaks and improves it over the years. Still the same basic system.

Back