Are side step tubes looks good on CX-9?

This is my first SUV and I find that it is pretty high up compare to my two sedans. If you have installed side step tubes on your CX-9 please poste your pictures here. Thanks.

Well, I'm not too short, about 5'-8". The idea is not totally for the functionality but rather for the looks. Yes, the door extends way too low in my opinion. I think Mazda designed these doors to protect the dress and pants from getting dirty. Well, as the old saying goes 'you get some you loose some'. I like to see a picture of one that has the side step installed.

Not to disparage anyone, but I agree. They would contradict the clean lines of the CX9. How many cars have you seen that were ruined because the owner cluttered them up with a bunch of useless accessories?

Thats why I didn't want to buy an aftermarket hitch receiver. They show too much under the car.

These, on the other hand will look sweet on our CX9 hood when they come in:

Attachments

• G_24227G_CL_1.jpg
    G_24227G_CL_1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
Don't worry about putting side-step on CX9 because none is available w/o drilling.
Apparently, CX9 was not design with side-step in mind. No one has managed to
design one for CX9s yet.

I agree that the black steps would look best as they would be least visible. I too have 3 kids (the only reason I traded in my MS6) and it would help them to get into the CX-9.

The fact that the CX-9 doors extend downward beyond the structural rocker make placement of these type of bars unfeasable due to how low they must be mounted to clear the doors. Not only would it look awkward IMO, it would also greatly diminish vehicle ground clearance.

I won't be so sure that that is for CX9. You better double check before you actually buy it.

I have found (thru google many many times) that there are nerf bars for CX7, not for CX9. One guy on eBay tried to sell it for CX9. After I asked him to double check if there was any mistake, he came back and removed the listing.

Please post picture if true.

if there is someone in the Florida area who would like to demo a set of these, i'd be willing to have black powdercoated ones made

Check it out! http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/product.php?productid=60785&cat=19060&page=1

I have 3 kids and this would just be a convenience for them. Still have not purchased but eventually will. My cx9 is sparkling black. The powder black sidestep would probably look best.

If you go to
www.blackhorseoffroad.com (the manufacturer of the side step)
You will see that they DON'T have side step for CX9 (only CX7).
I don't know how wooddashexperts.com can sell you side step for CX9 when the manufacturer's website does not even show it. Strange, don't you think?

If you go to
www.blackhorseoffroad.com (the manufacturer of the side step)
You will see that they DON'T have side step for CX9 (only CX7).
I don't know how wooddashexperts.com can sell you side step for CX9 when the manufacturer's website does not even show it. Strange, don't you think?

You are absolutly right! I checked it out and it only lists for the cx-7. I will contact them direct to verify.

NYCX9,
I sent them email. They confirmed that, indeed, they have it (straight type) for CX9. However, they have NO pictures to show.
Personally, I am not buying stuff that I don't even know how it looks like.

Also, erzperformance has running board for CX9.
Requiring removal of underseal cover. Again, no photo to show.

Last edited:
have you gone to http://www.autoeq.ca ? they have side step bar for cx9 with lots of pictures and clear details. it shows no drilling is required and it is easy to install... i guess you should take a look at the site. and they offer free shipping in canada. very attractive...

I never realized people found the CX-9 so difficult to get into that these steps would be required.

Back