Apple CarPlay Playlist Oddities

I picked up a 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatch in July of this year (still have my 2021 CX-5) and noticed a difference in the way Apple Car play works.

In my CX-5, if I go into Apple Music, then into my playlists, I can scroll through the play list and pick the song I want to start with.

In my Mazda 3, if I go to Apple Music, then a playlist, it starts from the first song in the playlist and doesn't give me the ability to choose which song I want to start with (I had a 2019 Mazda 3 hatchback prior to the CX-5, and it exhibited the same behavior).

Are we stuck with this behavior with the newer Mazda infotainment systems and Car Play, or am I missing a setting somewhere? I prefer the way Car Play works for playlists in the CX-5 over the 3, but I can't seem to find a setting in the 3 that would allow me to change it to match that of the CX-5.

So I finally figured this one out - the lightning port on my iPhone 12 was going bad. It finally got to the point that I couldn't use Siri in the car (speech to text, search, etc.). Replaced the phone and everything works the same way it did in the CX-5.

Back