Anyone here go HID's in their P5?

Support our forum vendors guys!!

+1!!

I'm still debating wether to get HIDs or not. How hard was the install? I'm really digging your pics, not too bad of a hotspot. Do you have any pics of you on the road? I'm curious to see how far you can see. Thx bro

Install is a breeze! I do highly suggest pulling the front bumper though so you can access the bulb clips A LOT easier when trying to install the HID bulbs and get the clip around em. Also, while the bumper's off, it's a great time to tuck the ballast inside!!

Here's the road shot for ya. They are aim'd just a tad high in this, but, you get the idea

DSC00325_1.jpg

Tylor

Nice!...Damn Tylor that is aimed up high, you sure a chopper is aiming a spot light on you?? bwhahaha

It really isn't that high. I think it was only a quarter turn on the adjustment screw and they were level. The sign is lit up, but there isn't much glare at all. Only time I get flashed is when I've got my car full of people, but, all headlights are aimed high when the tail is sagging.

After having a car full, I've ordered 2 more kits for friends that were in the car and jealous.

Tylor

I just made the switch after getting a 10k HID kit for christmas:

HID3.jpg

Passenger side ballast location:
HID2.jpg

Drivers side ballast location:
HID1.jpg

Before without HID's (keep in mind these are silverstar ultras and are pretty bright already):
HID4.jpg

After with HID's:
HID5.jpg

A couple night pics:
HID6.jpg

HID7.jpg

Last edited:
on the pic against your garage door why is the beam so concentrated, esp the fogs, its a perfect circle lol Your setup is sweet, every time i look at it, makes me want HIDs, I just really dont want to take my bumper off, is there any other way around that???

on the pic against your garage door why is the beam so concentrated, esp the fogs, its a perfect circle lol Your setup is sweet, every time i look at it, makes me want HIDs, I just really dont want to take my bumper off, is there any other way around that???

you dont have to take off the bumper, but it makes life easier.

Tylor

You don't have to take your bumper off(even if you did it is not that hard if you know what your doing). Most HID's are plug and play. I installed my ballasts in the engine bay, then you plug the HID's into your stock headlight plug and you are ready to go! And the beams are so concentrated becaus my car is only 3 or 4 feet away from the door, plus my foglights are spot fogs meening they don't have the ridges on the lense that makes the light scatter

Anyone do a DIY on HID install w pics?...I just got mine and will try to tackle this in the morning. Without looking at my stock setup and just opening the box, I will have to say that I'm really overwhelmed. Someone help!!

Anyone do a DIY on HID install w pics?...I just got mine and will try to tackle this in the morning. Without looking at my stock setup and just opening the box, I will have to say that I'm really overwhelmed. Someone help!!

They are way easy to install, pretty much plug and play without any splicing or wiring. All you need to do is mount the ballast where ever you like, connect wires to ballests, then take the plugs at the end of the wires and plug them into your stock headlight plug. Then you just put the bulbs in your head lights and you are ready to rock the streats with your HID's

Ok, after starring at my HIDs for a few minutes I think I've got it down. On question though. (see pics below) What do I do with these black/blue wires in the 2nd pic with the male connectors on the end? Also I've heard where I have to cut a slit on the rubber boot, what for? Sorry, these instructions use bulb termology which I'm not used to (lol2) Thanks

021.jpg

020.jpg

018-1.jpg

The spade connectors should plug into the factory harness, after that it's pretty straightforward.

THx Orlando.....So where exactly do the spade connectors plug into? Am i going to have to splice some wires?

They should plug into the white headlight plug positive to positive and negative to negative. You shouldn't have to splice or cut anything unless you want to make things permanent.

Ok thanks for the tips. If all goes well, next post will be of some sweet HID pics ;)

Yah if you want to put the rubber boot back on you will have to cut it to get it around the wires. You will see after installing

I have the same kit as you ZOOMit. I think you'll like it! (cool)
My kit has 6000k bulbs with the same 35w ballasts and I do agree with the others, HIDE that s#it!! lol
Have a look...
HID%27s%20008.jpg

HID%27s%20010.jpg

HID%27s%20012.jpg

daytime..
HID%27s%20023.jpg

crappy night pics
HID%27s%20030.jpg

HID%27s%20032.jpg

Not to jump in but where can I get the best buy for these the look great and I think I have to have some

cramped quarters....so only a passenger side shot, for now..enjoy!
HIDs003.jpg

HIDs002.jpg

HIDs004.jpg

HIDs001.jpg

HIDs006.jpg

HIDs005.jpg

After driving around after dark, can most def tell a difference!! ...I do have to adjust them a tad, driver side light is aiming too far to the right, all in all very good mod. One question, where are the adjustment screw, inside the light housing?

Latest posts

Back