Anyone has a picture of 265/45/20 tires installed on stock rim?

I am about to purchase 4 tires (265/45/20). These tires will be installed onto my stock rims. I would like to see a picture of these tires installed on stock rim before I place my order. Thank you in advance for your time.

It's been talked about in a thread here recently. 265/45/20 will fit fine.

No point in getting someone to show you in a picture... the sidewall is 4.7" as opposed to 4.8" with the stock tire. Visually almost identical.

The diameter is .3" smaller with 265/45/20 (which is only about 1% of 29.6").
275/45/20 is a better fit in term of diameter.
Someone has tried 275 also. No rubbing either.

With our 7" rim, the tire on the rim should appear a bit bulging.
7.5" or 8" rim will fit better.

Not trying to be difficult here, but it's only 20mm wider. I don't think it is that hard to visualize without someone taking the time to supply you with a picture; the difference is slight at best.

I just replaced my tires and put a 265/50/20 hankook ventus ST. There's no rubbing or anything and there's still some allowance. The ride is better and smoother(dont feel much of the bumps) probably because it has more rubber on the sidewall..not sure though. The tires bulge out a bit on the side but hardly noticeable. I'll try to post some pictures

Last edited:
I am about to purchase 4 tires (265/45/20). These tires will be installed onto my stock rims. I would like to see a picture of these tires installed on stock rim before I place my order. Thank you in advance for your time.

i got some pictures of my new tires 265/50/20 in my cellphone(mini sd card) but i dont knowhow to post it in the forum.(hand)

I wonder.
275/45R20 would be about the same diameter as the 245/50R20.
Why not go up to 275 instead?

Last edited:
i was thinking if i put tires that have bigger sidewall, it would absord those humps and bumps on the road better.
hey ceric, i know by doing so my speed would be off by 2% or something, does it have a bad effect on the speedometer of the car itself?

265/50R20 is 2.68% larger than stock 245/50R20.
Odometer is off by that much, but no other bad effect.
Wider tires wear faster on one edge, though, if alignment remains.

Back