Anyone get car stuff under the tree?

That Short shifter wasn't for your 2 was it?

I was just at the Service Ontario MTO office and ordered my plates. DLY DRVN it is! it's just going o take 2 months to get to me... WTF are personalized plates so expensive and take so long... It's a bit of stamped steel...

@Racebrewer: You got a wrench stuck to your tongue... Sounds like something I would do. ;)

@Gravity congrats! And its probably because they have more pressing matters to attend to (see what I did there? :) )

but in all honesty, its probably because the form goes all over the shop till it reaches the stamping place then they have someone look at finish and if they see any bad words in it and all this processing. Im chuntering a bit but that's probably part of the reason...

Hi,

The short shifter is in my M2. Works great. Firmer, crisper, shorter, quicker shifts. It now feels like I'm moving gears in a transmission, rather than swinging a golf putter.

John

Last edited:
Hi,

The short shifter is in my M2. Works great. Firmer, crisper, shorter, quicker shifts. It now feels like I'm moving gears in a transmission, rather than swinging a golf putter.

John

What short shifter???

Geez guys don't get too excited...... It is a prototype that I'm BETA testing. Only had two days with it before leaving for Daytona Speedway.

Install was a snap and it worked flawlessly. Soon as I get home, I'll flog it for a while.

Let me check with the manufacturer to see how far I can let the cat out of the bag.

John

You tease!

Geez guys don't get too excited...... It is a prototype that I'm BETA testing. Only had two days with it before leaving for Daytona Speedway.

Install was a snap and it worked flawlessly. Soon as I get home, I'll flog it for a while.

Let me check with the manufacturer to see how far I can let the cat out of the bag.

John

Tease? Me?????? Let me fully un-bag the cat. (There must be a really bad joke in that.....)

It should be an easy guess, it's from Corksport. Who else? Really neat short shift plate that mounts on the transmission lever arm that shortens the front to back throw considerably. Now it is a "snick, snick, snick" sort of shifter throw. Quicker. Nice weight and feel. Love it.

Easy install if its above freezing......<LOL> You pop the battery out of the car and there is the transmission lever arm. Voila......

10mm wrench and a 10mm deep socket made it easy. I used a flat blade screwdriver to pop the cable off the old ball stud and installed the short shift plate.

I understand that it should be 'finalized' in about a month.

John

Last edited:
I had thought it might be CS.. Derrick had mentioned something... I like that it isn't just a shortening of the lever, but a real reduction in throw. I'll buy it the day it comes out... However it will probably be freezing when I try and install it. :p

Very nice indeed! I'm seemingly giving Corksport my paychecks as of late. My wife had been budgeting for me to be able to order the adjustable struts and shocks from CorkSport for Christmas this year. So I would say I got those under my tree.

I got vent shades, a CorkSport stubby antenna and a Delrin 50mm round shift knob. (yippy)

This year I got the short shift plate, a Boomerang arm rest and led tail lights. ;)

Back