Anyone found forged internals yet?

Sarein

:
Mazda 2 Tamura
Hi guys, know I've been gone a while but I might have to sell the Evo soon and it's got me thinking again.
Learned loads doing the Evo so I was wanted to know if anyone's found forged parts yet.

Still have enough bits in the shed to get a M2 looking good, just thinking about power.

An7 had some rods and pistons in his build thread, K1 rods I believe, not sure on the piston brand though.

-Derrick

Stock ZY-VE connecting rods 5.536 inches
K1 FS-DE connecting rods 5.40 inches

The problem is to know which piston can be use

The mazda B6 have the same bore, but I dont know which will be the CR with those pistons

I'm looking for 9.0 or 9.5 of CR

The mazda B6 have the same bore, but I dont know which will be the CR with those pistons

We have Rods and pistons in stock. Pistons are about 3 weeks out on the 9.5:1s

K1 has two lengths of the fs. 5.4 and 5.315 inches.
The rods and pistons are interchangable.
The pistons of the z6 are 3mm "shorter" and are slightly dished. So with the fs 5.4 and the z6 pistons you have ~1mm bigger deck clearence(I dont remember exactly and I am from mobile) but you have also les compration from the dish.

B6 have 20mm wrist pin and zy/6 have 19mm

My pistons were custom made.

Last edited:
Cheers for the replies guys.
Wow, that was dumb. How did I not realize that the code alongside the engine parts were engine codes. Jesus..

Opens a whole other can of worms not being able to get the pistons as a set.
Does mean you could go for an ideal set-up though. What would be the best rod/piston combo?

If the pin size was different, like with the B6 being 19mm, could I drill it out to 20mm? Or would this have negative effects
(I would be using my mill, not a hand drill lol)

If the pin size was different, like with the B6 being 19mm, could I drill it out to 20mm? Or would this have negative effects
(I would be using my mill, not a hand drill lol)

If I was in a pinch it is what I would do.

-Derrick

That is what I want to do. Bore a little to 20mm, but I can't determinate the CR with those pistons.
To know what is the CR with FS-DE Conection Rods and B6T pistons, I need to know
Block Height (from center of cranck shaft to the top)
Head Chamber Volume (in cc)

Hi guys, know I've been gone a while but I might have to sell the Evo soon and it's got me thinking again.
Learned loads doing the Evo so I was wanted to know if anyone's found forged parts yet.

Still have enough bits in the shed to get a M2 looking good, just thinking about power.

You're back! ;) Good thread you started here.

Last edited:
Back