Any success with these aftermarket Smart Card / "credit card" remotes?

Fishrule1

:
2002 Protege 5 2008 CX-9 GT
2008 CX-9 GT. One of my two original remotes stopped transmitting. Battery is new, and LED lights up upon button push but nothing happens on the car. Dealer says he can't see that it's transmitting.

There is so much conflicting information extant about purchasing replacement Smart Card remotes. Only dealers can program, some locksmiths can program, keys from china are great, keys from china are crap, three key max per car, etc. You name it, it's out there, and I haven't found anything approaching a definitive explanatory post.

So let me ask this specific question plus a few follow-ups: Has anyone purchased AND SUCCESSFULLY PROGRAMMED a keyless entry remote from www.carandtruckremotes.com? If yes, did you have a dealership or a locksmith program it? How much did the programming cost? If you were unsuccessful with the programming, were you successful in returning the remote and getting your money back?

Thanks in advance.

The right locksmith can do the programming for you.

I just retired my smart-key and went with a regular chip/blade key. The locksmith I used did the cutting and programming in my driveway. He said he can and has programmed the smart-keys as well.

I appreciate your quick response. I have three programmed blade keys so I can always use those to enter/operate the car, but to be honest, my enjoyment of doing so will be diminished. I like the Smart Card remote and want to be able to use it again. So, the first order of business is to find a new one, hence my interest in the above linked Cards. Once I find the new remote, I’ll look into having a locksmith program it. Thanks

2008 CX-9 GT. One of my two original remotes stopped transmitting. Battery is new, and LED lights up upon button push but nothing happens on the car. Dealer says he can't see that it's transmitting.

There is so much conflicting information extant about purchasing replacement Smart Card remotes. Only dealers can program, some locksmiths can program, keys from china are great, keys from china are crap, three key max per car, etc. You name it, it's out there, and I haven't found anything approaching a definitive explanatory post.

So let me ask this specific question plus a few follow-ups: Has anyone purchased AND SUCCESSFULLY PROGRAMMED a keyless entry remote from www.carandtruckremotes.com? If yes, did you have a dealership or a locksmith program it? How much did the programming cost? If you were unsuccessful with the programming, were you successful in returning the remote and getting your money back?

Thanks in advance.
@Fishrule1 Did this work for you? I was planning to buy one on the site that you said.

Back