Any MP3 Expert Please help!! White Smoke

taolu

:
Mazda MP3 Yellow
Hi
I was hoping the experts on this forum can help me with my problem.
I have the Mazda MP3 2001, bought it brand new 3 years ago.
Got Injen CAI mod. 3 days ago, when I rev my engine up to 5k~ 6k RPM
I saw a white smoke coming out of my exhaust. I stopped the car and started again, as soon as I hit 5k RPM, the white smoke come out again.
I got home, did a coolant drain and fill, checked CAI. On the next day, it all went back to normal. I really doubt it's a broken head gasket, because it only happend twice and my engine temp is normal. From what I know, white smoke is burning coolant. I am not sure why that happend and why it does not occor anymore after I do the coolant drain and fill. Also, I notice my CAI filter is dripping oil, not sure if it's normal...Anyone with their expert opinon please help.
Any help will be greatly appreciate.
Thanks
Helpless Yellow MP3 Owner

How many miles do you have on your MP3?

Did you check your spark plugs for oil/residue? They're supposed to be changed every 30k miles. You might want to consider changing the oil/filter, just in case it's a problem with maybe just a loose filter (oil on/in the CAI?). also check your oil lines... if a rodent chewed on one or it simply came loose, that could cause some excessive oil spray. Also, and this is the best advice anyone can give you, is to keep your engine bay real clean. If you've got a lot of crud, clean it all up and drive it around some and look for any leaks. Another area to be suspicious of is gasoline. If it had any oil in it or was contaminated by anything other than gas, it could have caused your exhaust to blow out some white smoke. Do you use Premium fuel or something lower?

I am obsessed when it comes to taking care of my car, I change oil every 3000 miles, just changed to platium spark plug 6 months ago and replace PVC valve. I only use premium Gas 93. Currenly I have 35000 miles on my car.
I couldn't figure out what could cause that... anymore input would be greatly appreicated
Thanks

luckezero said:
How many miles do you have on your MP3?

Did you check your spark plugs for oil/residue? They're supposed to be changed every 30k miles. You might want to consider changing the oil/filter, just in case it's a problem with maybe just a loose filter (oil on/in the CAI?). also check your oil lines... if a rodent chewed on one or it simply came loose, that could cause some excessive oil spray. Also, and this is the best advice anyone can give you, is to keep your engine bay real clean. If you've got a lot of crud, clean it all up and drive it around some and look for any leaks. Another area to be suspicious of is gasoline. If it had any oil in it or was contaminated by anything other than gas, it could have caused your exhaust to blow out some white smoke. Do you use Premium fuel or something lower?

Yeah I had that problem in a much bigger way, and it was just my spark plugs. They said because I didn't always use the premium gas it blew my spark plugs.

Latest posts

Back