Any ideas?

:
Black and Blue Protege 5, 2002
I just got finished installing my new system last night and when I went to turn it on the amps would not power up. I made sure everything was wired correctly and I still dont understand why they are not gettign any power. I also hooked up a capacitor and when I ran the wires to it the cap sparked. A friend said the amps might be blown out from that, but I think the fuses would have protected the amps from blowing out. Please help with any ideas.

blackandbluepro said:
I just got finished installing my new system last night and when I went to turn it on the amps would not power up. I made sure everything was wired correctly and I still dont understand why they are not gettign any power. I also hooked up a capacitor and when I ran the wires to it the cap sparked. A friend said the amps might be blown out from that, but I think the fuses would have protected the amps from blowing out. Please help with any ideas.
Is your ground good? Just a guess.

are they brand new? there might be a fuse on the amp itself, i know my JL has one, see if that is good.

Unless you charge a capacitor using the supplied resistor it will always spark when you go to hook it up. Next time read the directions.

Most likely you have your remote power wire connected wrong or you blew a fuse when you hooked up the cap.

Back