Any 450 to 500hp Mazdaspeed proteges out there?

who are you talking about..

Kooldino said:
I've lost count of how many times I've seen an inexperienced tuner, usually from NJ want 500hp out of his protege, and end up with half that. They end up not wanting to put their money where their mouth is.

I've had such n00bies talk down to me about my "weak" setup, and how theirs will be so much better and faster. Their minds change when they ride in my car, and I still have the faster machine.

Kooldino said:
I'm not NOT supporting him here, but honestly his story is a bit tired.

I've lost count of how many times I've seen an inexperienced tuner, usually from NJ want 500hp out of his protege, and end up with half that. They end up not wanting to put their money where their mouth is.

I've had such n00bies talk down to me about my "weak" setup, and how theirs will be so much better and faster. Their minds change when they ride in my car, and I still have the faster machine.

Anyway, hopefully this guy is different from the rest, and he actually does make a lot of power. I've been itching to see how much power I could make out of one of these cars at someone else's expense. If he's as serious as he sounds, maybe we could build one hell of a car. But 500hp? Not on the street.

im just a little rough mood cause all i've seen on this board lately is just name calling and put downs, but your still teh sex(first)

YellowSpeedInNY said:
im just a little rough mood cause all i've seen on this board lately is just name calling and put downs, but your still teh sex(first)

Holla! <3

500 whp is worthless on the street. I have traction problems now at 10 psi, and 250 whp.
It would be cool to see, but its not very realistic

YellowSpeedInNY said:

I agree people have been complete assholes on here lately he asked a simple question and obviously he doesn't know the MSP very well YET which is cool. But instead of asshole opinions all he needed was a simple answer saying that in the protege its not a very realistic thing to see 400-500whp..

But like many of the others have said (in a not so nice way) the cost of making an MSP that fast is very high. You might want to bring your numbers down a little and try making a 300-350whp MSP trust me it would be more than enough to make you happy. With FWD its just not necessary to yield that much horespower because you will go nowhere!!! People have problems gripping with 250whp on a normal tire. Well best of luck to you and its cool to "reach for the stars" so to speak but the protege is what it is and 500hp daily driver it is not

All well said.
We need to be careful how we respond to people on the forums. We have all been new at some point and have all said some pretty nieve things. If someone wants to build a 500hp track car more power to him we should lend our ideas and experience not thrash and trash his idea. Think positive !! (thumb)

NOW Back on Topic

I was once a newbie with the same question. http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123630062
I decided that, although feasable, it's just not realistic to have that much power in a FWD car with a very weak drivetrain. By the time you get 500whp you could have used that money to buy a supra or something else with extreme potential. If I were you I'd shoot for around 300whp and even that won't be easy on the wallet.

Kooldino said:
(cryhard)

You think you can get 500hp for 7k?

7K won't even get you the built motor and trans you'll need to handle all of that power.
That wasn't including all the stickers for added hp and $$$. (pow)

Actually I was being "nice" and reallyyyyy conservative. I've got more than that in my car now and I'm only at 247 to the wheels.

lol not for anything but you spent more then 7k and you only have 250 whp? I dont even think 505mod spent more then that and has 277whp...

laracroft said:
That wasn't including all the stickers for added hp and $$$. (pow)

Actually I was being "nice" and reallyyyyy conservative. I've got more than that in my car now and I'm only at 247 to the wheels.

69RMSP said:
lol not for anything but you spent more then 7k and you only have 250 whp? I dont even think 505mod spent more then that and has 277whp...
I know.... don't make me cry damnit. It's a problem that will hopefully get fixed in another month. If not, I'm burning the car to the ground and moving to Japan to get my Integra back.... (ughdance)

Wanna tell us your mod list :D

laracroft said:
I know.... don't make me cry damnit. It's a problem that will hopefully get fixed in another month. If not, I'm burning the car to the ground and moving to Japan to get my Integra back.... (ughdance)

69RMSP said:
Wanna tell us your mod list :D

read the lil hin profile thing.......running forged internals and only makin 247?? aaannnddd with a disco potato?

Supposed to be running 15 psi actually, but I normally get only 6 psi daily on a hot day. I hear lots of motor, less whoosh. It's pretty frustrating.

Make Manuel give you the F10x, let him tune it and see what happens. Maybe he'll do it , who knows.

I don't understand how they can tune Superprotege, and not yours.

Back