Another Turbo Bites The Dust..

Ok..Ok..lets not turn this into a thread Discussing Nick or MPI...If you want to do that..make another thread for it.
Thanks

Ok..Ok..lets not turn this into a thread Discussing Nick or MPI...If you want to do that..make another thread for it.
Thanks

alright thanks for your input buddy ;) did i post up asking you not to turn this into a turbo pricing thread... no so stfu.

alright thanks for your input buddy ;) did i post up asking you not to turn this into a turbo pricing thread... no so stfu.
I didnt bring up pricing first though did I.
Regardless....It was relevant to the thread....MPI and nicks work is not. They were not used so lets not discuss them here.

I didnt bring up pricing first though did I.
Regardless....It was relevant to the thread....MPI and nicks work is not. They were not used so lets not discuss them here.

i think it is relevant... theman is suggesting that mpi reworks turbos and is implying that they do a good job. im trying to save anyone else reading this thread that wants their turbos replaced. From MY OWN experience i am stating why i do not think trusting nick and his work is a good idea. have you ever dealt with him? have you bought or seen any of his work first hand?

Hes not that much cheaper than the new one if you go to the right vendor....I paid $900 for my GT28RS..and If I remember right...Nick Charges $585 for a stage one..Plus I have to pay to ship it plus the downtime.
I dont know what his stage two ran in addition,but I think it was another $100 and that was for porting the housings.
so roughly $700 for his ( a used/rebuilt)Vs. $900 for new....
I know my peace of mind is worth $200.

Well I paid 585 for the ported manifold, ported s-pipe, and the upgraded turbo. All my work was done and back to me in one weeks time. And everything was ceramic coated, which he does not do anymore.
Nick has treated us well and this turbo has never let me down.
Heck we had four of them around here.

However, I am happy for Patrick and his Mandingo Warrior GT28RS.
(eek2)(rockon)(eek2)

Dude. I have never had one and I have over 80,000 Km...

Good, your turbo (like most?) is not getting so much pressure that the seals leak, so you don't need a restrictor:) Anyway, a leaking seal is cheaper than a failed turbo.

Found a use for your old tube...don't think your seals need to be that great for this project.... (glare)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZoymnZRBVc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZoymnZRBVc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I don't know but I was waiting for something to explode. The flames were sweet though.

Back