Another Turbo Bites The Dust..

This turbo kicks ass!! It is SOOO easy to get up the road now with just a gentle tap of the gas! .64 Turbine FTW!!

sweet....Don't you loose a little top end though? How is traction in the wet/dry compare now though? What boost are you running and how much harder does it hit?

I am still getting used to it, and I haven't had the "pleasure" of boosting in the rain with it yet. In the rain, I use as much throttle control as Takahesi.

This turbo kicks ass!! It is SOOO easy to get up the road now with just a gentle tap of the gas! .64 Turbine FTW!!
hello and welcome to 3 years ago... congratulations, you have the exact same turbo as the few who had their stock MSP turbos rebuilt/reworked by MPNick to be the same thing FOR CHEAP

That's fine. This one fits my current setup without having to modify anything to get it to work. I don't have time for a lot of downtime.

hello and welcome to 3 years ago... congratulations, you have the exact same turbo as the few who had their stock MSP turbos rebuilt/reworked by MPNick to be the same thing FOR CHEAP

how would it be the same if the housing sizes are different? I know he replaces the wheels right? But what about the housings?

Hes not that much cheaper than the new one if you go to the right vendor....I paid $900 for my GT28RS..and If I remember right...Nick Charges $585 for a stage one..Plus I have to pay to ship it plus the downtime.
I dont know what his stage two ran in addition,but I think it was another $100 and that was for porting the housings.
so roughly $700 for his ( a used/rebuilt)Vs. $900 for new....
I know my peace of mind is worth $200.

Hes not that much cheaper than the new one if you go to the right vendor....I paid $900 for my GT28RS..and If I remember right...Nick Charges $585 for a stage one..Plus I have to pay to ship it plus the downtime.
I dont know what his stage two ran in addition,but I think it was another $100 and that was for porting the housings.
so roughly $700 for his ( a used/rebuilt)Vs. $900 for new....
I know my peace of mind is worth $200.
it's still cheaper if you already have the stock turbo (or can get a broken one for next to nothing) and downtime is not a concern for you

it's still cheaper if you already have the stock turbo (or can get a broken one for next to nothing) and downtime is not a concern for you
This is true..but Linux didnt have a stock MSP turbo to do this with..so I guess your statement in this thread...Even though quite true...Was...In fact..Unneccessary.

actually it was... when his s*** broke, I had a line on a broken stock turbo he could've used to send in and get done and will barely take longer than getting this brand new turbo for globs of money

Actually, I do pay regular price all the time. I just found a good deal on this turbo at http://*************.com.

Last edited:
Back