Another P13W LED question

I'm still waiting to see who's the first one here to install those sweet 15W P13W HIDs in their CX-5. . . .I bet they'll look nice.

The DRL's are not focused so putting HID's in there will just blind everybody on the road BUT they will see you coming and that's what DRL are for :)

I went with the iJDM LED's and I like the color.
attachment.php

CESTIN2013, any pics with your CREE bulbs by chance?
I have a pair waiting to be installed, but sadly, I have not had a chance to install yet, my wife is too busy jetting around, broken windshield and all.

Dang, well hit me up with some pics when you have some time to install them, please/thanks!
If anything, not shown in these pictures, the LEDs may be a little on the bright side, but I did this fairly late in the evening and may be OK during the day. You can see the camera on autoexposure have the lights exceeding the dynamic range of the sensor. I did not realize that until I did the upload...the LEDs are so bright I think there is some sensor blooming going on. I am very happy for $40. Lets see if these pictures work.

Edit: I should add, my wife thinks these look great. "Very modern looking"

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
ack2.jpg

Left is stock bulb, right is LED
fsn1.jpg

Both bulbs now LED
vg2t.jpg

Last edited:
The DRL's are not focused so putting HID's in there will just blind everybody on the road BUT they will see you coming and that's what DRL are for :)

I went with the iJDM LED's and I like the color.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=202772&d=1369823286[IMG][/QUOTE]

You won't be blinding anyone with 15W HID DRL's in the day light... At dawn, dusk, or night it would be a different story.

BTW, I haven't had much luck with cheapo retailers on Amazon and ebay for regular (non-CREE) multi-SMD LED P13W's. I've had different color tones from the same retailer even though he was convinced that they are exactly the same and he puts blame on his suppliers if there are any variations... Some are pure white, like ~4500k and others I've gotten are ~6000k with a hint of blue. Again, these are the "same items" from the same retailer. So because with replacing only one unit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link and pics CHAS! When I see a silver CX5 with those bright DRL's in the middle of stop dead traffic on 66, I'll give you a wave.

Noticed that VLEDS.com has two P13W CREE's rated at 725lm and 850lm while the ones you bought are listed at 650lm, wonder if 725lm might be overkill...

Back