Annoying Clicking Noise From HUD Area (2021 CX-5 Signature). Anybody else?

Hey Everybody. I have attached a video from YouTube as the site kept giving me an error when trying to upload the video here. This clicking noise has been driving me nuts for the past 4k miles. It is best heard in the first 7 seconds and after the 40 second mark. I tried pressing the areas around the HUD but the noise is still there- I am running out of ideas and my dealer is pretty useless at trying to help me narrow down the noise... Is anybody familiar with this noise/ ever gotten it fixed? Thanks

Video

Is it constant 100% of the time? Only bumpy road? Low speed high speed? Can you replicate by rocking the car?
Get a Stethoscope and try to narrow down

It is not constant 100% of the time.. Only on bumpy roads and especially when the bumps are run over with the front driver side. I have only heard it consistently when the car is warming up in the morning and driving over not so smooth roads. I also have not tried to replicate by rocking the car. I will try that tomorrow.

Hey Everybody. I have attached a video from YouTube as the site kept giving me an error when trying to upload the video here. This clicking noise has been driving me nuts for the past 4k miles. It is best heard in the first 7 seconds and after the 40 second mark. I tried pressing the areas around the HUD but the noise is still there- I am running out of ideas and my dealer is pretty useless at trying to help me narrow down the noise... Is anybody familiar with this noise/ ever gotten it fixed? Thanks

Video
If you have an almost new 2021 CX-5 Sig, why would you want to fix this rattling noise problem by yourself? These kind of problem is tedious to trace and you should let your Mazda dealer to find the problem and fix it. If they can’t, contact Customer Experience Center, Mazda North American Operations and complain. If the dealer can’t, you can ask MNAO send their own field engineer to diagnose the rattling noise.

IMO, the rattling noise could be caused by some loose wiring harness behind the instrument cluster, or from some loose components in front suspension or strut tower.

Last edited:

Video
Did you ever figure it out. I have that exact noise in a non hud model.

Back