Am I Stupid!!!!!

YellerMP3

got a yellow mp3 with 31,000 miles on it and every winter its in storage. I am kinda saving it hopin the value goes up. What u think???

J/K. But seriously, how long do you plan on waiting before the value of a Protege goes up? There aren't too many Japanese cars that appreciate like the American muscle cars.

that aint going to happen. cars are terrible investments with few exceptions. might as well drive the hell out of it.

Cars appreciate in value because when they come out they become teenagers' dream cars. In 30-40 years, those teenagers can afford to have their dream car and the demand rises, where the supply is dwindling, raising the prices. I doubt many teenagers today are drooling and sweating and dreaming of owning an MP3.

I don't know where you got the idea, but even the sweetest most dreamy car takes a good 15 years AT LEAST to start appreciating in value again.

You're probably one of those people that would pay $5000 for a computer today, and then whine and complain when a year later a computer that's twice as fast costs half that.

Last edited:
KpaBap said:
Cars appreciate in value because when they come out they become teenagers' dream cars. In 30-40 years, those teenagers can afford to have their dream car and the demand rises, where the supply is dwindling, raising the prices. I doubt many teenagers today are drooling and sweating and dreaming of owning an MP3.

I don't know where you got the idea, but even the sweetest most dreamy car takes a good 15 years AT LEAST to start appreciating in value again.

I agree, but i think in 30 years you'll see some of us that are on here today wanting to get back into the car that they used to have.

I'm a teenager who's dream car is the mp3. if your 20000$ selling hopes have been crushed enough yet, lets talk 9-10k :)

Back