Alignment with camber bolts - Results

I just heard back.

Zach,

We do not yet have any parts that fit the rear suspension of your Mazda 2. I will let our engineering team know that we are getting requests for this part.

Brad Gardner
Customer Service Dept.
Specialty Products Company
1-800-525-6505
303-772-1918 fax
custserv@specprod.com

So it looks like if they have more interest that they will look into it more. I mentioned in my email that there are a number of people interested from the Mazda 2 world for it. So if you have some time please email them. I mainly want something so we can even up the camber on both sides. My toe was fine, I just would like to get the camber even.

I just heard back.

Zach,

We do not yet have any parts that fit the rear suspension of your Mazda 2. I will let our engineering team know that we are getting requests for this part.

Brad Gardner
Customer Service Dept.
Specialty Products Company
1-800-525-6505
303-772-1918 fax
custserv@specprod.com

So it looks like if they have more interest that they will look into it more. I mentioned in my email that there are a number of people interested from the Mazda 2 world for it. So if you have some time please email them. I mainly want something so we can even up the camber on both sides. My toe was fine, I just would like to get the camber even.

Did you mention to them that any parts would also work on the (selling in much higher quantities) Fiesta?

I did not originally, but I just sent them another email replying saying how the Fiesta uses the exact same suspension components so it would work for them as well.

Thew my H&R bolts on today. The quality of these bolts shines over the ingalls/spc stuff, but the lobe is smaller than I'd like. After the install I heard/felt significant clunking from the front right. Turned out while I was working on getting max camber, my lower endlink nut decided to back off on its own. Hopefully some blue loctite and a tightening over spec will hold it on. Makes me wonder when the other side will back off. Whenever I get around to the adjustable struts (or coilovers) I will be using blue loctite on all the endlink bolts.

I'll post up the numbers after I bring it in tomorrow to have the toe reset to zero. I'm expecting around 1.7 degrees, and I hope there won't be a big difference left to right.

Well it looks like I won't be getting actual specs, as I can no longer get a $30 front end alignment. To my once well trained eye, front camber looks to be close to equal left and right, and now is slightly more negative than the rear (which IIRC was something like -1.2 and -1.5 deg), so I'm guessing I'm at about -1.7 degrees now. From my rough tape measure&level measurements I've just got a hair of toe in (1/4" at most) and by visual inspection the toe is not noticeable, so rather than pay $50 to have it set to zero (or adjust it myself less accurately) I am gonna just leave it alone.

Can anyone recommend alignment settings. Looking for a good autoxing starting point since installing coilovers.

for front only: 1.5-2.5 degrees neg camber (stick to the higher end if you have sticky auto-x rubber especially r-comps). I like zero toe to minimize tire wear, though a little bit of toe out may help turn-in.

If you tell us what class you're running in, spring rates, sway bars, tire compound, and driving style, it might give more to go on.

Thanks Eyeballs, I've just installed the fiesta b-spec coilovers in my2. added pics and review in another post. Im going to run STF this year. rates are 450 front 500 rear. The coilovers allow for camber adjustment via the top bolt. I have it currently set all the way negative, (I dont know what that equates to but its definitely under -2.5)

For tires I am running Kumho Ecsata XS, everything else is stock.

I havent driven a Front Wheel Drive in anger in about 10-12 years. Went from a 240sx to a Miata and now this M2

Last edited:
That looks like a nice kit. Some hefty rear spring though!! I imagine that setup may be quite tail-happy. You'll really want to get tire pressures in the rear dialed in to get max grip back there. Let us know how the first event goes!

It feels surprisingly planted. I really cranked on it on some winding roads and to be perfectly honest it felt well balanced. the rear was flat and no protest from the stock tires... I was also being very careful not to lift off too abruptly in the corners. will see how it performs. as for the settings ill go with your suggestions and test tune from there.

I would recommend 2 like eyeballs. I have 2.5 in the front of mine right now, but I have Star specs, lowering springs, and the rear car I made. I need that much with the roll I still have, but it is pretty nice. I also got different bump stops which helped as well.

Back