Alex's Mz2 Build Thread!

My wallet also says 6UL's are $90 a rim more than the C3M's haha. Trust me, either way if I get 6UL's first, or C3M's, than later on 6UL's, it's happening ;). Just a matter of when. Ever since I had them on my car last year, 15x7.5 with 225/45/15 and 205/50/15 R-Comps, I knew I had to have them for myself

Low and wide my friend.. low and wide ;)

At first, 7". Then maybe some 8" wheels later on.

Damn, that's a wide tire for a 7" wide rim. Do what you gotta do at first, but that size tire will work better overall on an 8" wide rim. Just for your own knowledge.. If you didn't know. If you did, opa!

Just wanted you to know you're instagram famous. Search #mazda2, and your car pops up fairly frequently.

That's pretty cool! I just checked and saw my car pop up a few times... I have Instagram just to follow some blogs and their pics. I still never think anyone notices my car unless its on here, or my friends lol.

6ULs are timeless, but being from the miata community I find them boring because I see them so much so IF it were me, I'd do C3Ms first but it definitely sounds like you've got your heart set on 6ULs

In your case, I see your logic. Honestly for me, it's just a matter of what my funds look like at the time. Either way, I'm happy to use either, but like you said, and others, as well as myself, my heart is set on the 6UL's.

In Canadia, not many people have 6UL's up here.. at all. I have a feeling, when the time comes, I'll be switching up wheels a lot. Those are my 2 choices to start off with.. I'd love to get my hands on a set of Gotti's at some point. That would be just gangster hehe

H&r low. Im not really sure what wheels really. I'll probably stay with 7" or go with 7.5" to be legal for the stf class. I just want some big boy tires.

Yeah you should be fine for clearance then.. 7.5" would definitely help out the tires.. like I said before

/broken record (for my sake rather than yours haha).

Haha.. and nawww not 225's. Not my plan for now.. I'm still flip flopping between 195/50 R-Comps, or 195/45 tires. Still going over the math and all that jazz, to see what's going on. I wanna run R-Comps just because I can, and it's awesome, but they are wider tires, but at the same time they aren't as tall. 195/45 would give me more than enough stretch to work. 195/45's are the "easy way", you say :p

R comps on the street. You do know thats not recommended. Just letting you know (for my sake.) Haha! That sounds pretty damn gnarly though.

i-see-what-you-did-there-army.jpg

:p

Oh I know it's not "recommended"... maybe that's why I'm doing it..? Lol. Maybe a little bit of gnarly mixed in there too

An oversized tire hurts performance just as bad as a skinny/stretch tire does, x7 and 225 is a bad combo. Ideally you're suppose to run a x9 with 225s for the best possible performance value, so a whole two inches skinnier than that is gonna make for a ton of tire flex in the sidewall whille trying to perform, so you'll be running "big boy" tires, but using them incorrectly. Just throwing it out there.

I understand that. It was just an idea. In the end I'll probably just go with 205's. Maybe even 195's because they're so much cheaper. Still love the look of wide tires though.

Back