ajkulish's Build Thread #2

well i got a free sabelt 4 point harness and a free older red sparco rev seat. got em installed today, and wow! i feel a ton more connected to the car. im very happy with it.

heres some recent pics. raised the car an inch and a half.

IMAG0865.jpg

new seat and harness

IMAG0866.jpg

The way that harness is attached is totally unsafe. Any kind of crash and you run the risk of breaking your back.

I also think I posted it in your other thread about running a harness with no roll over protection, its really unsafe... Unless you are only using it at the autocross then I guess its okay.

i use the factory 3 point belt for driving on the street and the 4 point while i autocross to hold me tightly against the seat. i dont do any high speed track driving.

Nice! And subbin. Again.

I'm still a big fan of your car and your driver mod, AJ.

thanks evan, its really good to hear that. especially when you i look at my car and only see the rust spots, bad bumper fitment, dents, and paint imperfections :/

Who cares about cosmetic flaws. It is still quicker around the auto-x course than a lot of other fast and pretty cars.

and thats why i do it :)

again, thanks for the kind words pal. i really appreciate it.

I think sometimes cats get carried away with the parts list and bragging about that. Who cares how much money you have invested into a car. Anyone can have any of these cars we have for the right amount of money. It's the pride in the work you do to it that makes it special. Like after the KL swap everyone was like "That's awesome". Yeha, it's okay, but it's just money and parts, anyone can make one of these. It was all the fun days/nights with my friend and GF that really made that car special. Anyway, I'm getting all sappy. haha. A lot of cats tend to bash you but I've met you in person and you're a cool guy and straight up, a good freaking driver. I bet most of those cats with the huge signatures with all the parts on their car can't drive half as well as you can. No homo. And I'm done. haha

i use the factory 3 point belt for driving on the street and the 4 point while i autocross to hold me tightly against the seat. i dont do any high speed track driving.

Awesome (2thumbs) its the only useful information I can add to a protege discussion anymore so I milk it for all its worth lol

I think sometimes cats get carried away with the parts list and bragging about that. Who cares how much money you have invested into a car. Anyone can have any of these cars we have for the right amount of money. It's the pride in the work you do to it that makes it special. Like after the KL swap everyone was like "That's awesome". Yeha, it's okay, but it's just money and parts, anyone can make one of these. It was all the fun days/nights with my friend and GF that really made that car special. Anyway, I'm getting all sappy. haha. A lot of cats tend to bash you but I've met you in person and you're a cool guy and straight up, a good freaking driver. I bet most of those cats with the huge signatures with all the parts on their car can't drive half as well as you can. No homo. And I'm done. haha

i really think you hit the nail on the head with everything you just said, and i appreciate it. more than you know. cant wait to take you for a ride august 26th!

and oh lol wheel man it all makes sense now ;)

Back