AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

omg i feel like an idiot....i just got the afc and its all installed and seems to work fine....? is how do i upload the maps that u guys made? I see the preprogrammed maps where all the on map a most of the fields are filled in with 10's and so on...

earful got your email...just a little behind with the version II GB stuff...cfp you'll have to be a little more specific with your question. Do you mean how do you get the maps from your comp onto the afc? On a side note in order to correctly view the maps please make sure you have the proper settings on the drop down menu on the main R4 dialog.

DSMConvert said:
earful got your email...just a little behind with the version II GB stuff...cfp you'll have to be a little more specific with your question. Do you mean how do you get the maps from your comp onto the afc? On a side note in order to correctly view the maps please make sure you have the proper settings on the drop down menu on the main R4 dialog.
yeah thats what i ment, i wanted to know... how to get the mapos onto the afc, i think all my settings are correct 4 cylinder, programable signal calibrator etc oh and what program will i need to view the maps you guys made?

Last edited:
yay, its all up and running, i loaded the super stock map manualy and car runs great!!! i got a regular protege ecu...does this matter? or does the afc input the a/f anyways?

The only way to change your A/F ratio through the AFC is to change the values on your fuel MAP (tune it).

cfpkiller said:
yay, its all up and running, i loaded the super stock map manualy and car runs great!!! i got a regular protege ecu...does this matter? or does the afc input the a/f anyways?

DSMConvert said:
sounds like either a boost leak or fouled out plugs...im leaning towards boost leak at 10psi...

Well....I finally installed my new atp wastegate actuator and no more problems because the stock actuator diaphragm broke. The car runs smoothly but, I'm still getting tuned sometime next week. Now I'm a big fan of the afc....i was getting worried that it was malfunctioning.

jestermsp said:
is anyone running the 14psi map with stock internals? if so for how long?

until you throw your rods through your block (I say this only partially in jest). If you can afford to rebuild your motor when it blows (not "if" but "when") then boost away. If not, I wouldn't push 10 psi (even if you have a good tune) b/c it's playing with fire on these cars.

hmmm guy who made the map ran it for over a year. it stays under 11 afr, 10 above 6k rpm. i know its very high though i could buy a block if needed but really really dont want to.

jestermsp said:
hmmm guy who made the map ran it for over a year. it stays under 11 afr, 10 above 6k rpm. i know its very high though i could buy a block if needed but really really dont want to.

I don't want to thread jack, and I don't want you to have to invest in a new motor either ;).

there are several variables which will contribute to when this will happen including how hard you drive your car, if there is indeed a good tune on it, etc. I would encourage you to search for "blown motor" threads to educate yourself on the conditions under which those motors blew (if you haven't done so already) to keep yourself from having to post a reply to them in the first person .

what i did was gradually ease into 14psi after i was pretty confident.

i ran 11psi for couple weeks and felt how the car ran. checked for detonation on the spark plugs, listening for pinging, observed my afr, and constantly checked my oil. if things looked and felt good i pushed on to 12, 13, and so on.

i think 12psi is a good target to limit oneself at. our turbos runs off the efficiency range on the compressor map at 14psi if i remember correctly. i believe 12 was still inside, but not by much.

i may just stay at 10psi but i got a dual stage mbc i could have one set at 14psi. i dont have 440s yet though so who knows. i live like 20 min from mpi i may just build the damn thing... and run 18psi!

jestermsp said:
i may just stay at 10psi but i got a dual stage mbc i could have one set at 14psi. i dont have 440s yet though so who knows. i live like 20 min from mpi i may just build the damn thing... and run 18psi!

now you're talkin'! (headbang)

Can any of you help me out. My laptop is in serious need of a reinstall, but I have no idea where my R4 Software CD is. Can any one of you cut a CD for me, or host the iso somewhere so I can download it. Let me know, thanks.

Nevermind. Since the install doesn't create any registry keys and can work right out of the folder, I'm just going to backup the folder and work from it.

Back