Added some color to my dash!

jericher

:
Mazda, CX-5 Sport
The amount of black plastic Mazda uses is insane.

I have added a few chrome bits and finally some color to match the exterior.

What do yall think?

YT0Nq9Bl.jpg

The material is sheepskin.

Direct Link: http://i.imgur.com/YT0Nq9B.jpg

Appreciate what you're trying to do (I agree about the "sea of black" interior), but it's a bit over the top for me.

Well, I guess the best part is it completely reversible. Nothing is permanent and it's my first time working with leather. I do like red, thus the option for the soul red paint.

I do wish Mazda had continued the gloss black to the small button bank like they did the 2014 6 left of the steering wheel.

Last edited:
What do yall think?
I totally agree with you on "The amount of black plastic Mazda uses is insane"! But I can only admire your will power to actually doing some changes... (boom08)

What do yall think?

YT0Nq9Bl.jpg

Direct Link: http://i.imgur.com/YT0Nq9B.jpg
I don't think red would be MY first choice, but considered similar mod for hard plastic surfaces, especially for center console vertical partition. ... Mind sharing what kind of adhesive you used? Also, where did you purchase the dyed leather?

not my cup of tea, and wouldn't try similar with the pearl white we have, but well done

check out the interior of the cx-3 - it also has colour highlighting, swatches to break the monotony

I would've preferred a darker maroon type red that I believe Mazda already uses if I'm not mistaken. That said, if going with this red you might as well do additional sections to balance it out. BMW uses a similar red trim.

images

Basically copying the generic Mini/BMW color scheme of black, red, and "chrome". I'm trying to stay away from the carbon fiber look I had back in High School with my Ranger.

The doors don't appear to have any easy pieces to cover and I don't want to take those off again.

I will have the steering wheel done professionally and in Black with maybe black or red stitching.

Like others have said, I think you did a really great job of adding the leather to the dash, and if you're happy with the color, then that's all that matters really. I think thinner swatches of the red, with a neutral color as a separator may go over better with most people, but in the end you're the only person driving it. Good work.

Back