Added a CX-50 to the Stable

CTt3P5

TAD
Contributor
:
2016 GT ST 47A
Longtime 247 member here but like all of you, new to this section of the forum. Yesterday we picked up my wife's new DD, a 2023 Preferred Plus in polymetal grey. It came with the cargo mat (still not sure how it makes sense to protect carpet by laying another piece of carpet on top) and the cargo package (cargo blocks and cargo net). As part of our deal, we had the OEM all weather mats and cargo liner with seatback protection thrown in. She has loved the styling of the CX-50 since I showed her the launch photos and has loved the the PMG color since it came out. Now she has the best of both worlds sitting in the garage. 😁

I have been tasked to Hyperdip the emblems and the silver trim on the C-pillars gloss black and replace the silver lugs with black ones. For the C-pillars and front emblem, I might look into vinyl vs the Hyperdip. She also wants window visors but so far I have not found anyone making them for the CX-50.

Bode - DS 25Feb23.jpeg
Bode - PS 25Feb23.jpeg
Bode - PS Rear Angle 25Feb23.jpeg
Bode - Shark Nose 25Feb23.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats once again, @CTt3P5! Cool color and great pics...Exciting to see you're already planning some visual tweaks. I'm sure there are people who are thinking of similar mods and would love to see how they look...I'm definitely looking forward to your updates and thanks for sharing! (y)

Looks great, congrats @CTt3P5!

I hear you on the cargo mat, lol. It's like putting a less durable screen protector on a phone that already has a durable screen! But, with that said, my wife had me put on a glass screen protector on her new phone, and she cracked that protector in a few months. Maybe a year later, she had me replace the cracked protector, and she managed to crack the new one in a couple of weeks. SMH lol

Thank you @Antoine. We have both loved this color since Mazda debuted it. When my NC was totaled in 2020, I wanted a new 2020 ND in PMG with the red interior but a new car payment just wasn't in the budget.

Will def. post pics of the minor tweaks once they are complete. Hoping to do the Hyperdip in May/June, will have to wait and see how the temps are. Still shopping for black lugs. In hindsight I should have asked the dealer to throw them in too. Mazda wants $44.95 for 4, not sure I want to drop $250 for OEM lugs! That is $100+ more than I paid for my Rays. 🤦‍♂️

Thank you @sm1ke. Exactly, what is the point?! haha OMG, why is it that you always damage a new screen protector within weeks of installing them? It has happened to every phone in my household.

Thought I should update here too. Back in March I installed a set of OEM black lugs and over the last two weekends, I Hyperdipped the emblems (front, rear and wheel center caps) and hockey sticks gloss black. I did not forget about the Skyactiv G emblem, an update will be coming soon.

I need to re-do the wheel center caps on the DS along with the hockey sticks and plan on doing that this weekend. As long as the new can of Hyperdip I ordered arrives by then.

Front Emblem
20230813_194822-jpg.321502

Rear Emblems
20230813_194846-jpg.321503

PS (before Hyperdip)
20230813_103317-jpg.321738

PS (after Hyperdip)
20230821_190120-jpg.321736

PS Wheel (with Hyperdip and black lugs)
20230821_190310-jpg.321737

Agreed. The blacked out trim really compliments the cladding.

What color interior did you choose? I'm in the market for the same color, but they only have one with the brown interior. Thought the gray/black might be nicer with the polymetal gray.

Thank you @Antoine and @GTEyes.

@Zoom-Zoom-NJ We got the all black interior, PFP trim. I like the brown interior but not so much on the PMG. Too bad they don't offer the CX-50 in a Carbon Edition with the red leather! I liked the interior of the Meridian Edition but she was not a fan and her DD so she had final say.

Thank you @Antoine and @GTEyes.

@Zoom-Zoom-NJ We got the all black interior, PFP trim. I like the brown interior but not so much on the PMG. Too bad they don't offer the CX-50 in a Carbon Edition with the red leather! I liked the interior of the Meridian Edition but she was not a fan and her DD so she had final say.
Thanks CTt3P5. That's my thinking as well. However, we'll see if I can hold out for another 3 weeks when I visit the dealer dealer today :D

Update, I replaced the SkyactivG emblem this morning. Tam had a vision and Rick from Ersatz-Artisan brought it to life. He has been making custom replacements for the MX-5 Skyactiv emblems of which I have one.

For the dolphins he used a combination of blue and white powder to achieve the color seen. Tam loves it and her love for the CX-50 shows as this is the first custom item she has ever had on any vehicle.

One small thing was we had to move it to the left of the SkyactivG emblem location as the hatch is slightly rounded and the aluminum replacement isn't as easy to conform as the plastic was.

20230902_114440.jpg

20230902_114519.jpg

20230902_114525.jpg

Last edited:
Back