Add striping to black trim?

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
I've always liked the red highlight on the Subaru Forester Sport, and now on the Kona N. Both shown for referrence. I did this temp with clolored electrical tape but would do a Plastidip or automotive pin striping - 1/2 inch as shown.

The red kind of makes it look like warning stripes on a service vehicle? The Blue a little more subtle? Or neither, gag?

Subaru1.png

Subaru2.png
Kona1.png
Kona2.png
red1.jpg
Blue1.jpg

Attachments

• red2.jpg
    red2.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Blue2.jpg
    Blue2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

cx5boo333

2021 Cx5 GT AWD
I think the red looks cool cause it matches the lights/reflectory thingys. And that's coming from myself who prefers blue over red almost always.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Red > Blue personally. But IMO, the CX-5's lines aren't aggressive enough to look as "at home" on the car as the other examples. Still looks good though

:
2022 CX-5 Turbo
The rear end of Hyundai Kona is really something ... (personal opinion)

I added red stripes to my '14 Soul Red Mazda3 (front grill area).
It looks nice.
A bit highlighting is mighty fine. Just don't over-do it.

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
I'm going to go with 1/4" red (I have 1/2" on my original post), and the front I wont do the lower part as shown in my first post, but rather this middle section, along with the previously shown back and sides in 1/4 inch. Will follow up in a couple weeks

PXL_20220824_055127060.jpg

Last edited:
:
2022 CX-5 Turbo
hal2,
Love it. I still have some red stripes left from '14 Mazda3 GT.
Might do the same to our '22 white Turbo CX-5.

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
Final thoughts, here's what I've narrowed it down to. Not sure which to do:: front - center line or double corners; back - single line, line & exhaust, just exhaust. See the 2 front options and the 3 back options and give me your thoughts?

Last edited: