Add striping to black trim?

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
I've always liked the red highlight on the Subaru Forester Sport, and now on the Kona N. Both shown for referrence. I did this temp with clolored electrical tape but would do a Plastidip or automotive pin striping - 1/2 inch as shown.

The red kind of makes it look like warning stripes on a service vehicle? The Blue a little more subtle? Or neither, gag?

Subaru1.png

Subaru2.png
Kona1.png
Kona2.png
red1.jpg
Blue1.jpg

Attachments

• red2.jpg
    red2.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Blue2.jpg
    Blue2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
I think the red looks cool cause it matches the lights/reflectory thingys. And that's coming from myself who prefers blue over red almost always.

Red > Blue personally. But IMO, the CX-5's lines aren't aggressive enough to look as "at home" on the car as the other examples. Still looks good though

The rear end of Hyundai Kona is really something ... (personal opinion)

I added red stripes to my '14 Soul Red Mazda3 (front grill area).
It looks nice.
A bit highlighting is mighty fine. Just don't over-do it.

I'm going to go with 1/4" red (I have 1/2" on my original post), and the front I wont do the lower part as shown in my first post, but rather this middle section, along with the previously shown back and sides in 1/4 inch. Will follow up in a couple weeks

PXL_20220824_055127060.jpg

Last edited:
hal2,
Love it. I still have some red stripes left from '14 Mazda3 GT.
Might do the same to our '22 white Turbo CX-5.

Final thoughts, here's what I've narrowed it down to. Not sure which to do:: front - center line or double corners; back - single line, line & exhaust, just exhaust. See the 2 front options and the 3 back options and give me your thoughts?

Last edited:
Back