Actuator Broken or wiring?

:
2006 Mazda 6 - auto
Our driver's sliding door locks ok with the remote, but is unable to open. Is this common for door actuator failures? From what I saw in older threads, when the actuator fails, it can't lock or unlock. I don't want to buy the part and not fix the problem :). I also don't want to take the door apart w/o the part to fix it - so trying to make sure that the actuator is the failed part.

I know this may be apples and oranges, but I did have a similar problem with an '03 Honda Pilot. Just like yours, it would lock but not unlock. After 18 months, it was totally dead. I replaced the actuator and it was all good. For Honda, they said it had to do with resistor being burned out prematurely which causes the actuator to be engaged longer than necessary, which eventually burns out the actuator itself. I hope that I'm wrong in your case, but it looks like you're goin in!

Your car has made it 8 years w/o the sliding door actuator failing. Count your blessings. I'd do both to be safe. Mine came dead when I got the car @ 27K/3YO.

After you have the PN, go to tascaparts.com to save more moolah on price and shipping. Since I have a Mazda AND a Volvo, I stopped buying OE parts everywhere else.

Back