Door lock actuator doesn't match what's on realoem

kgardnez

:
2012 Mazda 5
Pulled out my front passenger door actuator as it's only working intermittently.

When I look up the PN I find C235-72-350 which has two electrical connectors while mine only has one... and unfortunately there is no Mazda PN.

Any idea how to find a replacement?

IMG_7994.jpeg
IMG_7995.jpeg

Have you considered visiting your local dismantle yard such as pick'n'pull?
I've had similar problem with actuator on the driver's door. Got it for really cheap, like $18 or so.
Tip: make sure to get it classified as "actuator" at the checkout rather than "door lock assembly".
Funny enough, my first pick was also defective, so, I had to go back and source another one, which is working ever since just fine.

Have you considered visiting your local dismantle yard such as pick'n'pull?
I've had similar problem with actuator on the driver's door. Got it for really cheap, like $18 or so.
Tip: make sure to get it classified as "actuator" at the checkout rather than "door lock assembly".
Funny enough, my first pick was also defective, so, I had to go back and source another one, which is working ever since just fine.
2nd the above.
Bought an actuator from junkyard for another vehicle(that was 9 years old) for like $10. It lasted the life of the vehicle(another 6 years).

Why put $100's of dollars into a 10 year old vehicle? Get salvage parts.

Update: for the Mazda 5, you can get used whole lock /latch assemblies for $35. Some junkyards use the term lock and latch interchangeably. Take the part with you to the junkyard so you can compare before you pay. While junkyards have return policies, it's a PITA to have to go back twice.

Last edited:
Back