A Few Surprises from US 2018 Mazda CX-5

Massaging seats? At some point this stuff become a bit extravagant. For a $100k car perhaps but not for a $30k+ one.

Just loosen some bolts in the chair frame and you can have a makeshift seat massage whilst it is moving around when driving! (lol)

Just loosen some bolts in the chair frame and you can have a makeshift seat massage whilst it is moving around when driving! (lol)

It might be safer to just get a 12v massager pad you can plug in.

Well, years ago I believed heated seats and steering wheel were unnecessary. Now that I have them my mind has switched. My old bones and deteriorating back is thankful.

Got my first car with heated seats many years ago (1994 Saab 900 used in 99 or 2000). Swore I'd never be without again. It's not an age thing imo. It's a winter thing plain and simple. And you just don't realize how some lux things are must have until you have them. I thought heated steering wheel was way extravagant...then drove my mom's Jeep for a week. Yea, that's must have in my next car. [emoji39]
(Unless we move South).

It might be safer to just get a 12v massager pad you can plug in.

So long as it doesn't short something out!

Well, years ago I believed heated seats and steering wheel were unnecessary. Now that I have them my mind has switched. My old bones and deteriorating back is thankful.

Our winters aren't as cold here. Our summers are hotter and wouldn't mind ventilated seats

I might buy another if they offered a manual, especially in a loaded model. I drove the Cherohala Skyway over the weekend and couldn't imagine not having a manual.

I want vented seats 1000x more than a heated wheel..heated seats are on probably every day the ac isn't.. probably 90ish%. But for that other 10 ass coolers please!

I might buy another if they offered a manual, especially in a loaded model. I drove the Cherohala Skyway over the weekend and couldn't imagine not having a manual.

Afraid won't happen there or here but more of a chance in Europe

We are getting 360 Camera on our top spec here when 2018 update is released circa April/May of this year
Don't really need headlamp washers
Front sensors standard here from Touring upwards

Thank you. IMHO I am good without headlamp washers but I happen to have side mirrors : heated but it doesn't seem to do any good. Front sensors have been available in AU models for a long time but in US its not even an option and for whatever Godforsaken reason Mazda decided to offer rear parking sensors even though rear view camera was standard. The 2 dealership I know and I am well acquainted with - both confirm they have seen maybe 1 or 2 out of all they have sold who wanted those rear sensors.

Also 1 more : I am seeing most cars, the rear view camera has guide lines which move with steering wheel. Not sure of Mazda's though.

No, ours don't turn. Nor do they need to imo. After a week with the straight lines I was already a pro. I don't need that much help parking. Lol

Maybe so. It’s a old habit for me to turn lights on so others can see me. Way too many drivers have nothing on which is dangerous in my opinion. This is my first new car since 2000 so led lights are new to me.
Don't get me wrong, I love the LEDs. One big reason I went GT. I've always wanted lights that turn with the steering wheel. And I run the fogs a lot. [emoji16]
Does any car in this class have adaptive headlights?
And I do have to give Mazda props for adding new features every single year. 16 was tweaked. Then 16.5. Then 17. 18, more tweaks and additions still. Hell, Saab didn't do that. The 95 900 is pretty much the same car as the 98. Nothing changed from 99-02. Redesign, then the same model for years. Not even minor tweaks.
Oh, and I had headlamp washers for many years. Even had wipers on a few cars. Just a gimmick really.

Thank you. IMHO I am good without headlamp washers but I happen to have side mirrors : heated but it doesn't seem to do any good. Front sensors have been available in AU models for a long time but in US its not even an option and for whatever Godforsaken reason Mazda decided to offer rear parking sensors even though rear view camera was standard. The 2 dealership I know and I am well acquainted with - both confirm they have seen maybe 1 or 2 out of all they have sold who wanted those rear sensors.

Also 1 more : I am seeing most cars, the rear view camera has guide lines which move with steering wheel. Not sure of Mazda's though.
Mazda offers dynamic lines in Europe but not here in Oz

Got my first car with heated seats many years ago (1994 Saab 900 used in 99 or 2000). Swore I'd never be without again. It's not an age thing imo. It's a winter thing plain and simple. And you just don't realize how some lux things are must have until you have them. I thought heated steering wheel was way extravagant...then drove my mom's Jeep for a week. Yea, that's must have in my next car. [emoji39]
(Unless we move South).

+1 on the heated steering wheel. Test drive a Ford explorer sport this weekend and it had that. Jeez that is one nice feature. I enjoyed it that much that I want it now lol

The headlights on mine get filthy in this horrible cold damp weather. I think headlight washers would be a useful addition.

Mazda removed the headlight washers which i found useful when they started fitting LED lights. I also had them on my last xtrail bought 2009.

The headlights on mine get filthy in this horrible cold damp weather. I think headlight washers would be a useful addition.

Back