9's? For real? No way.

baconbitz

:
2003 Spicy Orange MSP
So I was bored yesterday and decided to mess around a little bit. Now I'm wishing the other 2 of these wheels were still good and I had coils on the Mazda. Anyway, check it out.
IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

Wheels: 17x9 (+25) Bee*R B5
Tires: 215/40/17 (streeeeeeeeeeetched on there. lol)

Haven't gotten to drive it yet (roomates are blocking me in) but turning the wheel from lock to lock there doesn't seem to be any rubbing at all :). From what I can tell a drop, fender roll, and maybe a little bit of camber (don't think it would need much) and I could get them to fit and sit flush. Anyone else fit 9" wides yet?

Last edited:
Thanks, the pictures look bad compared to in person too. UG. I'm really starting to think I'm gonna keep this car. I need to get an estimate on fixing the other 2 wheels asap.

Haha, alas no rear wheels yet. Those....um.....need repairs. lol. I'll get some front shots though later today. I'm thinkin its time for a test drive here in a minute.

Just went for a short ride. They don't rub from what I can tell. Turned the wheel lock to lock and felt for clearance just to make sure, seems to be enough space. I think the combination of low offset and the stretched tires are the only thing making enough space though.

Just went for a short ride. They don't rub from what I can tell. Turned the wheel lock to lock and felt for clearance just to make sure, seems to be enough space. I think the combination of low offset and the stretched tires are the only thing making enough space though.

We need rear shots man, those rims and tires look mad sick... we need definitely s*** load of pictures of your ride with those rims...

Not sure about that stretched tire thing on a msp. It works for the 240 okay. My next wheels are going to be wider but I'll have another 1.5" of rubber there too... And a little bodywork to keep em tucked!

Not sure about that stretched tire thing on a msp. It works for the 240 okay. My next wheels are going to be wider but I'll have another 1.5" of rubber there too... And a little bodywork to keep em tucked!

Yea, if I go with the wheels I'm definitely going to need a drop and fender roll, maybe a slight pull but nothing crazy. If it was lower it would look more like it belongs.

More shots are in the works, but until then you can feast your eyes on the other half of the set :(

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

Ouch. I think one is toast but the other looks repairable.

I'm not gonna be able to get pics today guys. Sorry. You can blame it on USF and all the bulls*** they've put me through today.

Back