680whp FSDE

As I said before. Breaking gears doesnt mean they are weak or else. I know a lot of people constantly breaking stock gears running N/A.

Many factors comes into place when trying to diagnose a trans problem like clutch disk and gears engagement, pressure plate 'pressure', flexing, suspension, motor mounts, gear design, oiling, heat, car weight, tires, etc...

Also I dont have any testing equipment or anything closer to that, Im just another turbo freak, and when I see that for whatever reason, the GTX gears holding stronger than stock, it surely means something which I cannot really tell but to conclude that they must be stronger.

Props and respect to you Focus.

Both of you are wrong...My tranny is the best. Any thoughts about that rumor on the Probe 6speed tranny? Heard that recently but want to verify with your guys. I just dont want to do the research.
Greetings from ProbeTalk.com. There is no 6 speed transmission for the Probe/MX6. We're 5 speed just like you guys. We also are running into issues with the transmission. Some members crack the case, so we have developed a bracket to help strengthen the case near the rear motor mount. In addition, we constantly round off 3rd gear. Currently GTX gears are our most cost effective alternative. Sorry to resurect a somewhat old thread. Those are great numbers for an FS, quite the insperation to FS powered Probes/MX6s/Proteges. (cool)

heres some questions/

1. are you sure you are comparing 1.8l gtx gears to 1.8ls gtx gears? I know must know but there is a 1.6l gtx as well. And then there are the uber rare FWD GTX 1.6l.

2. have any of you tried using the gears in the ford laser tx3? It too has the awd BP powertrain but slightly different power output I believe. Never been to aussie or NZ so I have no way to get my hands on one.

Interesting motor choice. Why not just stick with the BP motor that came in the early 323 and Protege?

Impressive nonetheless.

i am confused, why put the fs in place of the bp??? i thought the bp was better. i wish i could put a bp in my pro5. ive owned 3 bp powered cars (91 egt, 91pro sohc, 91 miata) and i dont like the fs as much and from what i read it is much harder to make it handle large amounts of boost?? i want to get an old 323 throw a gtx in and let the wife drive the slowtege5

funny when people say High HP FWD cars are useless and worthless... With a good set of gripping tires and suspension FWD have nothing en envy any RWD or AWD cars...

funny when people say High HP FWD cars are useless and worthless... With a good set of gripping tires and suspension FWD have nothing en envy any RWD or AWD cars...
lets be realistic... a RWD car that weighs that much, and puts down that kind of power, would run faster. Thats why "people" say that. why do you think its so popular to use old corollas as drag cars?

lets be realistic... a RWD car that weighs that much, and puts down that kind of power, would run faster. why do you think its so popular to use old corollas as drag cars?

Im not going to thread Jack this thread, but youtube TBK performance, and youll see Manuels Proteges Kicking some ass to AWD and REAR cars.. so Is just about tastes in here-. is obvious you need to do more s*** to a FWD car to grip but we all know there is way much less power loss in a FWD car than any RWD or AWD..

Put it this way, Put that same amount of power on a Miata RWD and tell me if you are going to be able to control it. Youll be Fist tailing all day long. FWD cars are more predictable and easier to drive when they are High HP, even easier to drive them on a track, road or where ever you want..

Last edited:
Back