626 Intake manifold advantage

While we're talking about upgrades. What do you guys recommend as a fan upgrade? Are there any that are just direct replacement? I wouldn't mind having cooler bay temps and also the A/C really becomes useless when standing still.

There are no direct upgrade replacements. I would say get some perma-cool fans but they are hard to source these days. Other than those, I'd say get 2 12" mishimoto fans

There are no direct upgrade replacements. I would say get some perma-cool fans but they are hard to source these days. Other than those, I'd say get 2 12" mishimoto fans

Thanks
Do they hook up to the existing plug, or do I have to make a new one? And do they drop right in?

if you just want to free up room buy a pair of ebay fans and some proper foam insulation to make a decent seal to the rad. frees up tons of room in the engine bay and they just attached with the supplied universal connectors that slide through your rad fins to mount. wiring is 5 easy too.

Not a bad idea. I'm not looking to free up room (though it would be nice). I feel like the fans push just enough, I'm looking for a little air movement.

When I'm at a complete stop, the A/C becomes almost useless. I know it's normal for the air to warm a bit as there's very little air flow for cooling, but I think upgraded fans would help.

do you need a recharge on your ac? do you have a slow leak? how long does it take from a complete stop to have the ac "useless"? i think aftermarket fans are a waste of money.

Just raise your engine RPMS up to 1500 when your at a stop and the AC will blow cool, unless your system is leaking or a component is not functioning correctly.

I thought that you were looking in to getting a cat less pipe made up, that would be more beneficial than a turbo back exhaust, the racing beat muffler is not holding you back like the factory catalyst pipe.

do you need a recharge on your ac? do you have a slow leak? how long does it take from a complete stop to have the ac "useless"? i think aftermarket fans are a waste of money.

The A/C charge looks fine on the gauge. It takes about a minute or so until the air is just coolish.
When driving it becomes very cold. But if it's stop and go traffic, it's somewhat useless.

Just raise your engine RPMS up to 1500 when your at a stop and the AC will blow cool, unless your system is leaking or a component is not functioning correctly.

I thought that you were looking in to getting a cat less pipe made up, that would be more beneficial than a turbo back exhaust, the racing beat muffler is not holding you back like the factory catalyst pipe.

I've tried raising the RPM's, but didn't have any luck.
I still am looking for one. Just haven't had time to stop by a shop yet.

No, slim fans are universal so you have to cut the plug off the harness which I personally HATE doing but it's really not a big deal. The black wire on the stock harness is ground.

Back