60K Service

beefski

:
2013 CX-9 GT AWD Pearl White / Sand
I just had my 08-CX9 AWD at the dealer for replacement of the mass air flow sensor, fully covered under my MEPP bumper to bumper coverage. BTW, BEST thing I ever did. They noted that the 60K service is creaping up. What is the extent of the service? It's $500! Since I have the bumper to bumper full coverage I bring to dealer for ALL service. Use cupons etc. but, I have been treated well by the dealer where I purchased so I continue to go to them. Since I have the coverage I feel the piece of mind is worth it. If anything major ever happens the first thing corportate will do is want confirmation that all the maintenance was properly done. Easy since it was all done at a dealer.

I disagree, beefski.
I have all itemized services done at dealers. (with coupons from mymazda.com)
I have never/ever paid for these XYX-k package services. They are ripoffs.
I even do the transmission fluid/differential fluid changes on mileages that are NOT specified in schedule maintenance.

Just like the $89 cabin air filer replacement. - my favorite example.

Tell me what was done for your $500 services, and I will tell you what the real total cost is had you itemize them with coupons.

Ceric, I did not have the service done. Not at the 60K level yet. Was wondering what was covered in such an expensive service so I can go out there for cupons. I do the filter cabin filter replacement myself as well as the air filter. But for oil changes, $25 is hard to beat. You can get the materials cheaper but the time and the hastle of returning the used oil is worth it for them to do.

Beefski,
just tried to elaborate on the points that, one can do to dealerships for services, but you have to be smarter than they think you are.
I ran into mechanic who told me that "the fanbelt is cracked, your intake manifold is dirty .... "
The latter one was funny at Toyota. I asked "How much?", He said, "We have a special detergent to clean it up, it costs about $125."
I laughed on his face, and told him I will DIY.
That is another cabin air filter replacement. You spray, you wipe it clean with a clean towel. $125! Really?

You need to refuse some of money-making services dealerships try hard to sell you.
If not on OM, don't do it.
You can add more services if you are convinced that your CX9 needs it.
Again, itemize services with coupons.

My 60,000 service: Three wiper blades, Oil Change, spark plug replacement (which is labor intensive because of the manifold removal) $509.00

Beefski, what dealer in nyc do you go to? i use wantagh mazda since they have the coupons for the services that i need done. You can go to different dealers if you have to in order to get the services that you need with the coupons. The one dealer that i won't recommend is garden city one. They decided to cover all of their windows since i once questioned if a service was done or not to my vehicle. Anyway look at the mazda usa website and see what coupons you can use for the dealerships near you.

Back